Time for a New Hip?

:hi: Happy Friday!
I hope the weekend flies by for you.
It sounds like you're more than ready. Wishing you much comfort as you wait out these final days before surgery.
Relief is on the way :happydance: Will look forward to seeing you on the bright side. :SUNsmile:
@DinVegas

It's the day before my surgery and I'm a little ticked off at the hospital. I realized after I did my preregistration that I had not received any antibacterial wipes or soap. I called my OS's office and was referred to the hospital. I called the hospital, was transferred to a recording, had to call back and was placed on hold. Then the operator came back and told me that the pre registration nurse was busy and that the soap would be mailed to me. I said I didn't understand how they could know that the soap would get to me in time (which would be today). He replied that I'd get a call to go over stuff today and if I don't get the soap they'll tell me an alternative. I'm wondering if that means I'll have to go hunting for some special soap tonight after work when all I want to do is go home.

I was thinking I was not nervous about the surgery but this is upsetting me to the point of tears. I guess I am nervous.

@DinVegas so sorry you're having to deal with stress the night before surgery, that's just crazy. Hopefully they can give you an easy alternative with something you have at home. I know the stuff they gave me has bleach in it. The nurse told me that and said not to use on face or hair because of that.

Wishing you as peaceful an evening as possible, hoping you get a little rest tonight. Sending all the best for you tomorrow and look forward to seeing you on the healing side. We've got this!
:friends:

O dear. Last minute hospital complications do you no service. Did it all get sorted out.. We are looking for you on the other side with peace.

Sending warm hugs to help with the frustrations from the hospital. No one needs the extra stress day before surgery and you are still working today. That is pretty awesome to be working till the last minute.

Thank you Elf1, mainegirl1 and leejaa. The hospital nurse called me and said I could use Dial or Safeguard antibacterial soap so my husband stopped on the way home and got me some. I spoke to my niece who is a doctor and got reassurances from her and an offer to come over to babysit me and my stress. In 24 hours I'll have a new hip and will have probably taken it out for a test walk.

New hip, new life!:yahoo:
After those knee replacement surgeries, I'm guessing you will find this recovery much easier.

All the best today!:) :-) (:

I am hoping by now you're in surgery or coming out of it soon with a brand new hip--all the best and here's to a smooth, uneventful and full recovery. 2020 is going to be grand!

Did a quick check o on the recovery side and didn't see you so will post here. Hopefully you are pretty much done with surgery and going back to your room shortly. Wishing you a restful day and night! :snork:. Like that is ever going to happen in a hospital!

I'll be joining you tomorrow and off we go to our new adventure!
:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks