Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thanks for clarifying @Fit4Family … I would bet that your new hip is a much better solution to the hip pinning. This is probably what is taking extra time for you to heal. I believe you will absolutely get there...."It is what it is" and we rely on what our surgeons tell us to be true. The rest will come with a large dose of patience!

Very true @Bfam85 “A large dose of patience and time” Thank you for your encouragement. ❤️

:wave:my hippy pal!
I'm sorry that this recovery business has been longer than you would have liked and can get frustrating and OLD!
Sending all the best mojo your way...hoping you have a good weekend!:SUNsmile:

:wave: my grocery store friend. xx

I am sorry you are feeling somewhat down over progress ... bu I am there hand in hand with you. :friends: Our journey is unique due to falls and broken bones necessitating a long period of incapacity on our journeys. Like you my problem is lack of muscle strength which I am working on and also like you I feel I am about 75% of the way there. I am less mobile than you however as now both my knees are giving me grief but I am persevering. On the plus side, my hip is marvellous. I have never had any pain at all. I am fortunate as my friends say I am amazing with my progress and look incredible ... I love them for that as it boosts my confidence, but they have seen me at my worst.

You know how well you are doing and probably push yourself to the limits. Do you still work? Doing what? At least I don't have that, nor children to hinder progress.

Hold your head high, take a deep breath and congratulate yourself. I will update my thread later today, not that there is much to say.

I hope you have a lovely weekend without stress. Izzy xx

z-boa-semana16.jpg

:loveshwr:Hello my hippy friend @Mojo333

You have been such a wonderful friend and cheerful encourager.❤️ I keep holding on to your experience with the fourth month being the most significant improvement. I sure wish I could jump start this process, but yeah, just have to work through it.

Hope you have a fun filled weekend! :SUNsmile:

Hello sweet @Izabel Always wonderful to see you here. I’m so sorry your journey has been so long and that your knees are joining in bringing you more pain. Sounds like you have lovely friends. ❤️

I will look for your update today! Glad you are seeing more improvements. My hip does hurt still. Pretty sure it’s ligament pain. Have talked with PT and OS about it. I don’t limp exactly it’s more like it takes so much control to walk properly that by the end of the day I waddle. I always use my cane or poles unless I’m furniture surfing in our kitchen etc. Ligaments may be my biggest issue, but I have no idea.

I work for a small Tech start up. I have mostly writing and design work and daily conference calls. Thankfully part time. Kids are great. Both try to help out. Sending lots of ❤️ and healing wishes sweet friend. xx

Hi @Fit4Family :wave:
How is life and your new hip treating you?
Three month Hipversary coming up tomorrow :ok:
I know this recovery has seemed endless at times, but the next few months will surely start revealing true progress as some initial critical healing will allow you to branch out some.

Hope today is a Good Good day!
Keep the faith, friend!:friends:

Good Morning @Mojo333 Thank you for checking in.

I’m doing pretty well. Had started PT, but stopped again. They wanted to talk with OS before doing any strength training. May spend the summer pool walking if that’s the conclusion. Apparently all the muscles around my hip have lost strength. This is why I wobble so much despite concentrating on heal toe walking. Encouraging to hear that they all think this will improve with time. I keep reminding myself that my hipster buddy Mojo says month four was the best one yet! :friends:

Hope you have a great day! ❤️

You had the extra complication of trauma suffered with the fall...so please don't get discouraged.
May spend the summer pool walking if that’s the conclusion
That sounds like a great plan...with a tan!
Don't forget...in the words of my fellow Forum Advisor...
When you are icing and elevating and watching telly you are not 'dossing around' you are 'engaging in a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'.
:heehee:

Hi there hipster sis @Fit4Family
Happy joint 3 month anniversary!!
Pool walking in the sunshine sounds fabulous.
My physio swears by the walking in the pool, especially walking sideways which strengthens the glutes. I’m sure that by the time the summer is finished you will be much more down the recovery road.
I’ve found I’ve had very little progress the last few weeks , just consolidation!
Patience is so hard.... & must be even more so when you didn’t need a THR before your fall...

Sending love & hugs for better days to come! They will be here... promise! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Much love Chrissie xx[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy 3 month anniversary to you @Fit4Family . I like the idea of pool walking. I think that will be part of my summer to dos. Your path in getting a THR is similar to mine, with the hip pinnibg first, then the THR after getting avascular necrosis. The first thing the OS said to me prior to getting the THR done was that in our situation, after surgery, the hip area will not have the protection around it that someone who had the surgery after years of arthritis developing. The chance of hip dislocation was higher as well, so he really impressed the fact that I needed to be very careful, and not push things. I found the biggest advice that I got from this forum, was the fact that hips don't need activity to heal. My three month check with the OS went well. The xray showed it was healing nicely.
Keep the patience during this long journey. The improvements are sometimes not even noticeable until you look back.
Sending lots of hugs and healing thoughts.

:wave: from across the big pond!

Do you have a swimming pool? We don't by choice but have a small soft-sided hot tub which I don't like and we are planning to sell to make the covered area another seating 'room' in the garden. My Surgeon suggested pool walking but I do not like public pools at all. :eeeuw:

Like you, I am hoping that the four-month mark will be my turning point. :fingersx: I get somewhat down that I am not further along but appreciate it that I can walk around my house and the two patios against the house using the walker.

I hope you and the family have a good weekend.

z-bom-fim-de-semana31.gif Izzy xx

Thank you Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny I didn’t know about the side walking. Makes sense. I so appreciate your encouragement! It does seem like progress is less measurable, but less stepping backwards with progress too. Getting out more and more which is a lift in my spirits for sure. ❤️xx

So happy that you had encouraging news @Newstart70 Sounds like both our surgeons have the same view of recovery. Excellent advise about looking back for progress. I do feel the advice here has been the most helpful in my recovery. Sending hugs and healing wishes your way! It’s the long haul that matters most. ❤️

:loveshwr:Hello @Izabel Blowing wishes in the wind to you today sweet friend. It’s a glorious sunny day here. Thinking of you soaking up sunshine in your garden. I’m so sorry you have been down. It’s been such a long road. I am trying to live in 7 day segments. Trying not to have expectations beyond what I’m seeing. Think my expectations got the best of me at the three month mark. Was expecting to be almost 100%.

I’m not a public pool fan either. We don’t have a pool. Normally a beach and lake girl. I will do whatever they advise. Thankfully my PT group is very cautious and won’t advise until speaking with surgeon. I’m just walking short distances with my cane and or poles and keeping moving frequently. I think any walking helps. Better to have assistance and walk properly than start limping again. I’m here for you friend. Health will be so sweet. ❤️ xx Sarah

engaging in a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'.

I dare you to try saying that really fast three times. :heehee: Yikes!

Hello :wave: Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope you're able to get into some pool walking soon.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend as the journey continues. :walking:
@Fit4Family

Thank you so much @Layla I appreciate your encouragement so much! It’s been a beautiful weekend with lots of pool weather!

Wishing you a peaceful week. Your gift of encouragement and time is truly priceless. ❤️

Hi. Hope you are doing well and some fun on the 4th.
It's been sweltering weather and lots of pop up thunderstorms...so we did our fireworks on Saturday.
I got to help with the pyrotechnics as I can run again.:yes:
Hope your week is Sweet!:flwrysmile:

Happy Monday @Mojo333 LOVE that you can run again!! Exciting to be sure. GOALS :running:

Thank you for checking in. I’m doing ok. Still trying to rehabilitate my muscles to improve gate. Was hoping PT would help, but I’m having pain after each visit, non muscular, so probably stopping. Pool walking works out much better. Good mild ache from using muscles. The tan is an added plus!

Hope you have a great week. Yes, to very steamy weather. Very typical for VA summers. Hope you have a fun week! ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JPL2016
Recent bookmarks