Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hostas, ferns & acers... hippie sis.. as per our conversation!!
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190607_37fd50c0f246062d75176e0d44780e65.jpg
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20190607_9d09c3e625a7fd0671cbc53052f2c74c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the pouring rain today.. it’s awful!! But everything likes the wet in the garden!!

Love those @Hoppy Nanny Very beautiful selection. Thank you for sharing them with me. ❤️ They must be loving the rain! xx

Agree @SE Florida I’m envious too. So lush. We have such heat here, hostas and ferns get cooked in pots. Need shade and loads of water.

Same way here @Fit4Family! So sad that nothing will stay alive here except for dandelions and palm trees. I don't know if I miss having the 4 seasons or that I can't grow any of my old favorites. I've probably lost my green thumb by now! :flwrysmile:

Sorry for the minor set back. It's good to get out tho. The outdoors is calling..... I want to go for a car ride so bad out to the lake we camp at, but I know it's way too early even tho it's only 40 minutes from our house. Eck... So the extra pain seems worth it sometimes. Hope you get back full steam soon...❤

Thank you @Cecropia I am already doing much better. Think my limit for driving is about 20 minutes right now. Also noticed two, in and out of car is my maximum. Did too much with errands yesterday. Ice improved, but know it was multiple times getting in and out of car.

You will be there soon. Very early days. I totally understand longing for lake life. So relaxing. Hope you have a great weekend.

Stopping by to say hello and read up on everyone’s threads. Been a busy week here with kids, work and PT. I’m almost to the three month mark. Feel about 75% healed. Hoping that my OS is correct and that it keeps healing.

Still using my cane. Really hoping the limp isn’t permanent. Had a long visit to the DMV that required an hour of standing then two sitting.:tantrum: Set back my forward progression with walking outside. Took a day of icing and elevating to get back on track. I know everyone has a different road to recovery but getting comments from friends and neighbors about my slow progress. I know they mean well, but it’s hard to keep deflecting their comments and advise.

I’m so grateful for everyone I’ve met here. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It’s a gorgeous day here. :SUNsmile:

@Fit4Family
If only those people would darn off!!! What do they know?? Jeez, my first recovery was so slow but it all worked out in the end... please don’t listen to those... just listen to BS... Even my surgeon says it takes a good year for full blown recovery.., and I know who I would take notice of.. My first THR I was still using a crutch at 9 months but it wasn’t for ever!! Sermon over hun!

Happy 12 week Anniversary hipster sis... take it slow, it’s so worth it ...you’ve got a whole lot of years with that gorgeous new hip... it likes to be pampered!!

Hope you have a great weekend...love Chrissie xx[emoji7][emoji3059]

Thank you Chrissie ❤️ Your words bring tears to my eyes.

Trying not to worry, but PEOPLE well meaning I’m sure, don’t help with my worry filled mind. Happy 12 weeks! The comparison of your two recoveries really give me peace of mind.

Loved your Sermon. I needed that @Hoppy Nanny ❤️ xx

Bless you darling ... it must’ve been a really hard road for you & you are always helping others!!! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]

Hello @Fit4Family, just to add my 2 cents: My hip #2 is taking more time than Hip #1 to heal, much to my shock and dismay. My first hip I was limping for years; second hip I wasn't limping and had only occasional pain. But, without question, progress is being made. That is the gauge we all need to use. I feel very self-conscious having to use a cane (mostly to steady myself because of the LLD). Why are you still limping? I really like your motto about reclaiming your life. I did this second hip so that I can still have a healthy and active life going into the future; but before that, we had to do this! Have a wonderful, healing weekend!

Hello @Bfam85 Thank you for sharing your experience. Agree, progress is the measure. Less obvious now to see progress, but I’m sure it’s happening.

Long story short, my muscles need to get stronger. I broke my hip, had it pinned and it never healed. I was on a walker for several months with the hope it would heal, then it failed, then I needed a THR. So it’s been 10 months and my muscles just aren’t fully healed yet. I work at it daily. Progress is slow but steady. I’m more balanced this month and can stand much longer at counter. Really hoping this eventually comes together. I have not walked unassisted since I broke it last Fall.

Hope your hip#2 gets in line and starts behaving. I’ve gone from shock, dismay to intermittent depression. I’m holding on to the hope my OS is right. ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom