THR Cocoon to moth

They should advise us to get a wax pre op. I thought of a pedicure and getting my roots done but not a leg wax!!
The thought of getting a wax now on bruised swollen legs makes me wince so an electric razor it is. Thank you

Sounds like you are progressing well especially as you are getting irritated with well meaning platitudes from the nurses. Soon you will be even more mobile and can get out more which will cheer you up.

:wave:My update... Both nurse and PT came around today and discharged me. My PT asked if I'd tried my cane. I'm a little timid about that, so she had me practice with it and I was surprised at how well it felt and I did not limp. So I'll be using it around the house, but if really tired still have my walker.
Was telling her who did a friends hip and my moms hip and how they did not order PT. She said that doctor never orders PT, believes the hip heals from use and walking. Interesting heh...
She knows all the doctors in my area, said they all do posterior. Hummm. But her husband wants anterior so interviewed 6 doctors before settling on one out of town, he needs a hip. Managed to sleep back in bed last night except to get up and ice once. I cleaned my bathroom off my master bedroom this morning, it's not as big as the main bath. Just had to ask my husband to clean around the bottom of the toilet. I thought about getting on my knees, but was not sure how to get up or if I should even. But it felt SO GOOD to clean something.
My daughters are coming eventually to give my whole house a good cleaning. I asked them to wait till all the in home care was over. All it's done is rain here and I never ask company to take their shoes off, not polite, but now my floors could use washing. Well that's it for now. Pain getting better...:SUNsmile:

This is a great update @Cecropia ! The walking is all a matter of confidence, isn't it? It's more important that you are comfortable with a cane and not limping than doing what is expected when. How much are you walking now? Have you been outside much yet?
I know what you mean about the cleaning! I never thought I would hear myself say this ... but I can't wait to be able to clean a whole room !
I have moved into our guest room during my recovery. I really didn't want to, but at least I am disturbing my husband less this way.
So good to be discharged! You're definitely on your way now! :loveshwr:

@linette333 I have not been outside except to sit on the deck. I'm only walking around in the house. Next Thursday I have follow up appt with OS. Will be interesting to get in our pickup, the drive is 40min. Little apprehensive about it. But that's a week away. I want to walk around the yard, my rose garden is blooming and other flowers I usually visit. lol. I am not ready to make that yet, as I have landscaped with pavers and rocks. I really miss sitting by my pond. I have 12 water lilies in bloom and frogs all c

@linette333 frogs all croaking. I hope to visit my backyard soon. Dont know what happened to last few words. lol

Congratulations on bring discharged. Aren’t they all different I only get my staples out tomorrow! I know what you mean about wanting to get outside....the weather is pooh here and I miss being in my garden! I helped (watched and chatted) while my mum weeded yesterday with envy! I’m so looking forward to weeding as well as cleaning!!!

Next Thursday I have follow up appt with OS. Will be interesting to get in our pickup, the drive is 40min

I think you'll do fine. You'll most likely surprise yourself. I did the same at three weeks for the first time, had to step up also. Only advice I'd give is consider bringing an ice pack for the ride there. I used one in the car often during early recovery, mainly because the seat belt buckle landed by my incision. I'd use it as a barrier in between. If nothing else, it served as a distraction. Long car rides aren't too pleasant early on but I think you'll be able to handle 40 mins without a "stop and stretch". It seems you're doing really well. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@Cecropia

I think you're doing great and you'll be fine when you go for your follow-up. Definitely take some ice packs for the ride to and from.

:hi:You are doing just great dear @Cecropia
It will get easier and you will be so happy you have done this!:ok:

Well my husband sprayed my roses for disease control for me today. After PT yesterday and practicing using my cane I braved a walk around the back yard today with it. Oh my zinnia garden needs weeding and my shady border, etc, etc, and I got kind of anxious. My poor husband is not a gardener, I can't expect him to trim my shrubs, weed my beds, all the work. He's never done this stuff, just mowing. My granddaughter is going to weed for me. As for trimming my shrubs, that's another issue, as I am a pain about how they should be shaped. lol.
The good new is it felt GREAT to walk around outside and see my flowers and froggies and pond lilies and just touch things.....and be out. Before surgery it hurt to walk on the uneven grass, today I had no pain doing that, felt relieved, so the new hip was functioning properly.:happydance:

That's great news @Cecropia, so happy that you were able to get outside, feel the sunshine and visit your garden. And no pain after! It's intimidating to look at all of things we can't do yet. It will all wait, thank goodness you can have the weeds pulled. I have a flowering tree that I finally allowed my husband to trim :censored: but I know it will grow back. :beg:

I'm so glad you got to get outside and take in the beauty of your garden @Cecropia I am sure it gave your spirits such a lift. I have a similar feeling about weeding and trimming in our yard. I know I can’t, so I’m trying to be ok with enjoying it in all its wildness. Hope you have a lovely weekend. ❤️

Sounds like the trip outside was just the medicine you needed!
:flwrysmile:

So my daughter was just here and I'm laying on the bed and she says how ya doing mom? "I can't lay on my back and stretch my surgery leg out flat, it really starts to hurt where the new hip joint is located on top, and I had bruising there earlier and if I push on that spot it is really sore and I have to keep a pillow under my thighs to sleep at night" Then she starts telling me that in recovery she and my granddaughter were with me and I kept pulling my knees up telling the nurse it felt better. Then I did a yoga bridge because my back was sore and I said yoga bridges are good.:rotfl: But I've always done them to loosen up my back. I also was talking about vertigo and to please stand in front of me so you are not moving. Dizzy is good. I used a bed pan, no memory of that and told the nurse I can't go laying down, you need to sit me up and she did and then I went. And then I tried to take my IV out saying, I don't need that, that's why I have to pee so much. Oh my gosh so funny all the things she told me and I have absolutely no memory of any of it. :heehee:
But still after 3 weeks I cannot lay on my back and straighten my surgery leg out for very long or it hurts pretty good on top of the implant.
Does anyone else have this problem? I'm a little concerned now and can't wait for my Thursday appointment to see what my OS says. I cannot even begin to do a straight leg raise, pulls so bad, but I can raise my legs into a bridge position and the pain stops. Hummmm. Curious to see if anyone else has this problem.

@Cecropia, it's pretty funny to hear your daughter's story on your recovery----even though you remember nothing. Must've been some good drugs! :rotfl: I would ache occasionally in that area but only when laying down. I had to keep ice on mine so I could get comfortable enough to sleep. I didn't try any straight leg raises that early in my recovery so not sure about that either. I'm sure another hipster will be able to give you better insight on this. Always hard to compare! I'm glad you have that OS appt Thursday and maybe relieve your mind. :angel:

I only tried to lift my leg once to check it and I couldn't do it. It doesn't bother me to sit and relax in my recliner. I just hope it's from the surgery as if I press my fingers in that area it is very sore although the yellow bruising has disappeared.

@Cecropia Last night was the first time I could comfortably lay on my back and fully straighten my leg. It felt marvelous, finally. That was a hair past 4 weeks since the surgery. I feel asleep that way and sometime during the night moved over to my unoperated side. It’s funny, even though I no longer need to use the pillow between my legs I’ve gotten to like it better. I don’t even wake up anymore to adjust it.

I still can’t lay for any length of time on my operated side. It still is tender. And I do like to go to sleep with a king size pillow longways under my operated side leg.

The straight leg raise is slowly getting less painful but the bridge position feels great.

@ceezee was your leg pain when laying on your back with leg straight at the thigh meeting the torso joint right in the middle of crease about under where the new joint would be?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom