Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

@mikeycat I love reading your updates!!! That was funny when you came out of recovery and said
"What have I done". Well maybe not to you.... Rest a d take it easy will be following your progress. My thread seems to have stalled out, I'm waiting for that turning point where I really notice things are picking up speed and recovery is showing great progress. Not there yet...:whistle:

@Cecropia I know what you are talking about. I feel exactly the same way. But I know in my heart of hearts that things are progressing for you and me and everyone.Take heart we are moving along together with many. I sit and think of 'this time next year' and that helps me cope if that is anything.Rooting for you thinking of you and everyone else. 6 am and the highlight of my days now is hubby getting up and making breakfast. I love the small stuff.Helps me cope.

Sending you healing vibes...hang in there my double hippy pal! :curtsey:

Oh no...no colds allowed.:console2:
Any idea when they will cut you loose @mikeycat?
I know I was able to get much more comfy at home.
I'm glad you are feeling up to posting some...we are all rooting for you!

Hello Mojo333 . I have been at home since June 3.I get the visiting nurses and PTs. Even though they wash their hands and use gloves I still got this--oh well.

Oh good. I should have looked back on your thread...I couldn't imagine you still being in hospital.

Do stay up on your Vitamin C, keep that immune system cranking
Fresh fruit was a real treat for me as my appetite from the medication was not the best...especially with heavy food.

@mikeycat Sorry to hear you have a cold... You sound very positive about your recovery, thinking of others even more than yourself. Maybe it will be a short lived cold. Sounds like you have a sweet caring husband too.
And from reading your posts you are a real trooper.:flwrysmile:

@Cecropia Take heart we are moving along together with many. I sit and think of 'this time next year' and that helps me cope if that is anything.Rooting for you thinking of you and everyone else. 6 am and the highlight of my days now is hubby getting up and making breakfast. I love the small stuff.Helps me cope.
@mikeycat, your post is so true, even in a few weeks you'll realize such a difference. You've made a new start in life for yourself! So sweet your husband is getting breakfast, enjoy! :flwrysmile:

Well the cold was short-lived must be the toxin left in me from that recluse spider bite several years ago. Today was despondent day I regret to say and regret further to mention--kinda throw in the towel day but hubby made breakfast and he cleaned the house and is out getting things. One day at a time I keep saying to myself. I tried to feed the cat as I could several days ago but ended up tipping the mush bowl all over the floor. I cleaned it up. Boy am I proud of that. I filled the other bowl with dried food and spilled that too but left it there.My left side is definitely the problem area-feels like at the beginning but glory be the right side seems good. I am thankful.It gets easier right?

@mikeycat It will get easier. You and I are so close in surgery dates, but you have 2 hips to ice and care for. I have just in the last 2 days noticed a slight change in pain and sleeping better at night. Even little improvements are nice and you will get there. Like everyone says the first 2 weeks are hard and then you start to notice some improvements. I've had the days you mention, quite a few despondent days, so you are normal...:thumb:

I am glad Cecropia that things are getting better-living vicariously here and sleeping at night sounds glorious. I dread the night and feel the impending nightmare each evening and can hardly await morning. I think when the last staple--I have 1 left is removed on Monday--had so so many removed--I will feel better as I will be able to sleep on my sides with a pillow between my legs if,of course, my sides aren't too sore. I will also be able to shower and psychologically improve..I hope. I want to wear my capri pants but I can't as I have those compression thigh high stockings to wear. I wish I had my sis' bird legs but alas I have these muscular heavy legs-oh boy.No peace for the wicked.

@mikeycat I share your frustrations! I am a few days behind you and finding the days long - but I only had one hip done. These early weeks are hard work, that's for sure! It's so difficult when we're not used to being dependent all the time. I keep on looking at the progress of those who are a few weeks ahead and that helps me cope.
You are doing really well! Patience is the key! :) :-) (:

Happy Friday and Two Week Anniversary!
You're doing great as a courageous bilateral.
Stay positive and keep up the good work, it gets better and better. Try looking back every weekend, to the past weekend, and you'll see your progress. Yay....you're doing it! :happydance:
Wishing you a peaceful weekend.
@mikeycat

Hi Layla, that sounds like the best advice. Last week-end-well-I don't even remember must have been so bad to expunge it.Thanks.

Hi @mikeycat
Read through your thread--God bless you! I hope you always err on the side of giving yourself a break. Your body is busy healing 2 major surgical sites.
At 6 weeks out I'm still getting aches and pains and just signed up to have my other one done on August 21. Lucky you, you are all done!!! Great advice and support here, will enjoy following along as you progress to complete recovery!

@ahipgma Well lucky for me is if I miss getting a ticket but I'll take the over and 'done' with bilateral. Gee and with still aches and pains 6 weeks post op and signing up for August you are the brave one. But I guess the discomfort far out ways the alternative.Thanks for following I am such a drag sometimes.But I am coming here to try to turn back the clock as well.Support is tremendous and therapeutic.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back