A hippy in my youth, soon a double hippy in my...well, never mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CricketHip So very sorry to read about the loss of your mother. It’s a blessing you were able to be in the right place at the right time. Please be sure to get some rest; a loss is an energy drain, just like surgery.

My heart is with you @CricketHip. She had a good long life, lot's of good memories for you as she guided you to adulthood. Peace be with you and your entire family.

@CricketHip
Sorry for the passing of your dear mother but glad she is no longer struggling and that you will not be feeling she will not be neglected as you recover.
Prayers for comfort and peace!

@CricketHip Glad you were able to be with your mom. Sorry for your loss. Sadly another light goes out. I worried about my mom, shes 97, I prayed she'd be okay till I could get to see her. She lives in her own house but can't come see me and I can't go see her yet, tho I visited her right up till surgery. We talk on the phone, but I need a hug, can't wait to be able to get around and drive over there...

Hello dear @CricketHip .... I have been thinking about you much .... I do hope you are managing everything well...it cannot be easy right now for you, but knowing you will be able to have the surgery next month should give you some comfort...Lots of hugs being sent tonight xox

So sorry for your loss @CricketHip , am happy that you could be with your mother. Now to remember the happy times and forget the bad.

@CricketHip, I read your posts on my way to having surgery. You're local! ... So sorry to hear about the death of your mother. The death of a parent is so hard even when it is "expected."

If I recall correctly you went to Dr. Hozack last time. You going to him again? I had Dr. Austin ... at the Bensalem hospital ... I think I chose there based on your recommendation and the recommendation of others on his site. Otherwise, I would have gone to Thomas Jefferson Hospital. So thanks for your first round of posts! You helped me.

Thanks everyone for your sweet and caring words... I don't think it's ever a good time to lose your mother.. but I have to believe that she's in a better place. :angel: Watching her in pain wasn't a good thing either.

@Going4fun ! Hello! I've heard very good things about Dr Austin, too. One of my clients had him for both of her hips and she couldn't say enough good things about him. I am so glad to hear that whatever I said helped you in your decision. I am definitely a Dr Hozack fan first. But I had considered Dr Austin if the timing wasn't going to be right for Dr H. Absolutely. My main concern was that I wanted to have the Anterior approach and at that time Dr Austin didn't do that approach. I go to Bensalem tomorrow morning for my pre admission testing. I feel like I've lost a couple of weeks in regards to prepping myself, my home and my office, but then again, it's making the time fly past so quickly!

Keep as busy as you can, @CricketHip, and keep focused, your "eye on the prize". I agree your mother's pain is over, and while you will feel her absence in so many ways, she really is at peace and watching her suffer must have been awful and so added to your stress and feelings of helplessness. Hang in there!

Hi @CricketHip,
Thankfully your mom is no longer suffering pain, but it doesn't take away your sadness.
I'm sure your heart is heavy, I hope you're finding comfort in some of your favorite memories of her.

Wishing you peace as you move toward your surgery date.
Hugs :console2:

@CricketHip, good luck with your preop today. Dr. H is a famous guy ... he was at the top of my list ... but then a the end I thought I needed a more touchy-feeling surgeon ... What I love about Dr. H ... he's been placing no limits on patient activities for going on a decade or so ... I really connected with Dr. Austin when I met him ... and I had no restrictions after surgery. Probably would have connected with Dr. H had I met him. A close friend went to Dr. Star (another Rothman surgeon) on my recommendation. She's 10 days out.

@Going4fun I "strolled"over and read your recovery thread, I don't see any recent updates.. are you doing well? Any news on the implant yet? Maybe I missed that post. You intrigue me with a couple of your posts... you walked in a nice cemetery early on... it didn't happen to start with the letter A, did it? :) and then you mention the trolley.. which also runs behind our development. THEN you mention working for a university,, and my husband does also.. 6 degrees of separation?? Im not trying to get an exact location from you but you do have me rather curious.

@CricketHip, I live in West Philly near U of Penn ... and I teach at Drexel. The 34 trolley passes down my street, but I'm also near the 36, and the 13. And I'll update my thread right now. Thanks for the prompt. I'm doing well after nearly three months of PT.

@Bfam85 — It's good to be back, I’m having trouble focusing, so many things to get in order.... but it will work out. It always does.
@Going4fun so you are close by.
I’m west of West Philly and my husband teaches at St Joes University. He actually got his MBA at Drexel. Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom