Supply list

J-nice

Country
United States United States
to take my mind off worrying I’m trying to put everything together so I will be prepared for July 1! I can’t remember who posted a great list! Whoever it is could you repost it to me? Thanks!

If I recall correctly, I only bought two things - gel ice packs and a dressing stick, both from Amazon, although I later read you can pick up gel packs at dollar type stores much less expensively. I did also pick up a pack (I forget if it was 4 or 6 cans) of Ensure high protein to have in hand just in case I didn’t have much of an appetite. I wanted to be sure I was taking in enough nutrition for my body to be healing. I’m quite certain I got that idea from someone here on BS and it sounded like a good idea to me. I asked my OS about a toilet riser and he said I didn’t need one so I didn’t get one. We borrowed a shower chair for our local rescue squad. They keep a huge supply of medical equipment on hand for people to borrow as needed at no charge which was very handy. You might inquire around of there is a place in your area where you can borrow things. Maybe call Office of Aging or a local PT facility. Probably your hospital will provide you with a cane and walker as they are covered by Medicare.

One other important thing to think about is what you are going to do with your time as you heal. You will have a lot of free time and you may want to do something besides watch tv so think about it and be prepared. I like to sew and I knew it wouldn’t be long before I could sit at my sewing machine or work on some hand sewing I had ready. I also had several good books ready and then my IPad so I could check in on BoneSmart! You will need to find what works for you - maybe puzzles, adult color books, knit, crochet, sew, paint, draw, write notes to old friends, etc. Sending good wishes your way.....

My hospital requires you to bring a walker with you. No they don't supply cane or walker.. So check with yours. A sock aid and a long handled shoehorn are handy whether or not you have had surgery.. I used trekking poles rather than a canoe after my TKR. I have been using them for hiking for 30 years so that was not a new purchase. I am not planning on buying anything new.. For picking up things off the floor I use long handled barbecue tongs anyway, For high cabinets I will call hubby rather than climb the ladder.
I am kind of wondering about a butt wipe....

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom