Thank you all for your advice and kind words

Sparkly

Country
United States United States
Thank you all for your advice and kind words.

I had a cortisone shot back in January it lasted two weeks.

I’ve been using a cane since December on my physical therapists advice to help with limping but now it’s really for stability. I have toilet seat risers on my loo and the reachers because when I bend I lock up. Next is grab bars on a couple of steps down to my bedroom and up-to my bathroom and in my shower.

I have multiple foam cushions, a chair for the shower after surgery and a big wedge to elevate my legs after surgery. I find wearing dresses is easier than pants. Plus I sit on the loo to put my underwear and pants or pj bottoms on.

You have to laugh at the things you do to help yourself Am I missing anything?

Maybe a sock assistive device and a long handled shoehorn?
Your ortho team ought to be giving you a list of things to have at home and what to bring to the hospital ( and what NOT to bring). I hope they have.
I too had short lived results from a cortisone shot even though it was properly directed. Nine days.
I got a special pillow to go between my thighs at night to try to help alignment and prevent that shooting pain I get when rolling over.. Sometimes I get it.. Sometimes not.. Who knew?

I hope you have more good days than bad before surgery!

I never did get the sock thing and found I really didn’t need it. I did have a dressing stick but the grabber May serve the same purpose. The only other thing is ice packs. The gel ones work well as they conform more to the contour of your body. You need several so you always have one in the freezer ready to use. I bought 2 and then the hospital gave me the 2 they were using so I ended up with 4. I got mine on Amazon but have since read about folks getting them less expensively at a dollar store. I think it depends on where you live. It sounds like you are pretty much all set with supplies. Sending good wishes your way...

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom