Standard Shoulder Replacement Now it’s my shoulders

Ursula72

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello everyone....last year I was in the company of my fellow hippies because of my right hip replacement....now I’m here on the shoulder forum. I have bone on bone in both shoulders. In December last year I asked my doctor if I could be referred to have xrays on both shoulders.....he said “No!” He didn’t even look at me or examine me. He said I must go for physio instead...I told him I had already had months of physio and nothing helped with the pain even though I carried on my excercise at home. I had to go to a private doctor and immediately refered me for xrays on both shoulders which showed up one on bone.He gave me time to think it over whether to have surgery, and now I have decided to have surgery. I don’t look forward to more surgery,as I know I’ll need the other shoulder replaced some point after my right shoulder is replaced. I’m in agony. My operated hip still gives me discomfort too and my neck...I suppose the Osteporosis and Osteoarthritis does not help either nor my age as I’m 73 and have a history of arthritis.
Thanks for listening to me guys. x:bawl:

@Ursula72 So sorry you are facing more surgery. The good news is you have great company on this side of BoneSmart. Our own @Jamie has just had a shoulder replaced and @SportHog also joined the "club".

Did you get on your surgeon's NHS list or will you need to go private?

We're developing quite a club of Shoulder Warriors here on BoneSmart these day, so you'll have plenty of company as you go through this surgery. We're here for you.

Hello Jaycee and Jamie,
I’m glad I have company, by reading your histories of operations you are both veterans.Maybe it’s the new “trend” to have shoulder ops(only joking)
I’ll see the doctor 2nd May...than I will have to wait till the referral to go through, then wait for the op date...don’t fancy another op but....I wish the op was today. See how things go. Have a good day xx

Hope you get your surgery date soon. The waiting is the worst part of this process.

Best wishes as you go through this process!

Yep, shoulders are definitely where it's at these days. Sorry to hear you have a problem, but if the experience of a majority of our Shoulder Warriors is correct, it won't be bad at all and you'll get that range of motion back.

Hello Everyone, thanks for your replies. It’s pain and loss of motion that’s driven me to another operation. I haven’t seen the doctor yet to get me referred to a surgeon, but I’ve already packed my hospital bag and making plans in my mind for recovery. So roll on.:good-bad:

We're here for you! There does come the time when you know you must bite the bullet and go for it.

Greetings! I too am waiting for left shoulder replacement; this following 2 hip replacements in the past 8 months. I’ve had it with this arthritis, I just hope it lies dormant for a while. My surgery is June 12th. It will be nice to use my arm again, it’s rather atrophied! We’ll all just have to be patient together. :tiredwheel:

Hi @Ursula72
Just wanted to say I'm wishing you and Marlene all the best as you await this shoulder surgery!:friends:

Hi Ursula,
Stay in touch. We're here for you.
Sorry you have to go through another surgery, but think how good you'll feel once you get through recovery.
Eye on the prize! :wink:
@Ursula72

So glad you have had this preparatory work done. So sorry it takes 3 weeks to hear back. It's a good thing you can be patient. It will be all the sweeter once you get this done.

Hello Everyone, I received an appointment letter to see the shoulder consultant surgeon on the 25th June. It’s a long wait but at least I’m on the way. I never thought that after my hip replacement I would need another 2 operations ....I will be bionic woman, my left hip isn’t too good now either.
When I read about other people in the hip and shoulder forums I see I am not alone. :ice::console2:

Good news that you're on your way. The wait will be worth it. New shoulders ROCK!

Hello :hi:
Let us know when you hear something, Ursula.
Sorry you have to go through this. I hope you're not in extreme pain. We're here for you :wink:
Wishing you a peaceful week.
@Ursula72

I too have moved from the hip to shoulder forum. The latest hip is almost 6 months old, and I haven't been able to use my left arm for months. I'm awaiting insurance approval for shoulder replacement scheduled 6/12. They say they needed additional info, so it's in the surgeon's hands. I'm not super-psyched about more surgery, but I am looking forward to being more "whole." Osteoarthritis is much meaner than I ever thought!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom