TKR Beachy in recovery<

@Softtail .
No plans or a date for the right knee. The left feels good and strong and the right feels better. I'm glad this time around is less painful for you!

Beautiful beach weather and house guests have kept me busy for the past week. This is the first day I've checked in.

Still not much to report although today was great. Hubs and I walked the boardwalk for 1 1/2 hrs today. He had to take a rest more than me. It was probably 3 miles. and it was hot out! We laughed at how we use to see old folks like us resting on the benches.
The knee is the only part of me that doesn't hurt these days LOL!
Sounds like everyone is doing well in spite of pain, recovery, post recovery, etc.

No plans or a date for the right knee. The left feels good and strong and the right feels better.
I found that as my tkr knee improved and took on more of my weight the old left one also improved. One surgery, two better knees!

Beachy glad your knee has recovered well. That’s a pretty good walk, farther than I could go, but hope to remedy that later this summer once newknee turns the 3 month mark. Pain in this knee still pretty good, but definitely quad muscle took a direct hit on this surgery verses last. Flexion and extension are good but weakness in quad is dramatically different . Pt guy says it’s not abnormal, just take it easy and it will come around, but take it easy , in the PT arena, is not a pill I swallow easily. Coming up on 2 week mark ,and get bandage off next Monday , so will see surgeon and see what he thinks.

Hello Bonesmarties :wave:
Just checking in at my 7 month knee-versary. All is well with the knees. TKR knee is still going strong. It's misbehaving lately, though. Clicking for the last week, but that happens occasionally. It disappears as fast as it comes on. Some swelling, but that comes and goes, too. Gastroc muscle at top of calf is giving me grief lately from not stretching enough.

I'm off to catch up with threads to see how everyone is making out.
Bye!

@Softtail
Good news about your new knee! Keep up the good work. You know what to do and not do.
I can walk for quite awhile. That was what I missed the most pre-tkr. I take it easy and would call it more of a stroll than a walk.
Patience with PT! The ODIC does not need new members!

@sistersinhim .
That's great.....2 better knees, 1 surgery! It's working for now. Hope it stays this way!
I hope you are well.....I'll be catching up with everyone soon.

@DLR .
Yes it is! Glad my journey is coming to an end. In spite of aches and pains I feel stronger and can be more active. Just as you will in time.

Beachy update. Had first outgoing pt yesterday, and am definitely ahead of game vs. left knee, which none the less turned out great. Flex andstraightness are really good for so short a period post surgery. Really pretty happy all in all. You enjoy that new knee, and I expect it will get better and better.

I'm so happy!!!
Yesterday I set off the metal detector at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore. It was my first time for setting off a metal detector. We were there for my son's MBA graduation. I heard the alarm but kept walking, clueless. Hubs and son called to me before the guard got me. LOL. I still didn't realize what happened. Hubs told the guard and I showed him the scar. Everyone in line was amused. I think someone applauded.
I was so proud. Of my scar/badge of courage.
Oh yeah....of my kid, too.:rotfl:

I haven't been through a metal detector since my tkr. I have titanium anchors in my shoulder from a surgery I had in '12. I thought for sure I'd set off alarms, but I didn't. I had even told the officers ahead of time, but nothing happened. I was disappointed. I bet my knee will now! That's a big implant compared to mental anchors!

Hello Bonesmarties!
I had a LTKR in Oct 2018. The right knee was equally as bad and now its time to replace it.
Admins, I don't have a date for rightie so I'm not sure where to post. Just popping in to say hello and catch up on pre surgery stuff.

Hi @beachy! I made the announcement that I was doing my second knee in my 1st recovery thread, then moved to pre-op with questions and concerns, finally landed back in the recovery forum with a new thread after my 2nd knee surgery. I must say that I was very glad to read through the details of that LTKR recovery 6 years later. It jumped started my preparation for my RTKR. Good luck on knee #2.

:walking:

@hawk2go
Thanks! So I should head over to pre-op now?
I'm so happy that I posted alot on first knee. Im rereading now and realize I've forgotten so much about it!

Hello Beachy... I started a new thread after my second tkr. I just did not write a lot. The first few weeks were awful. I sent along a PM to you also.

Keep us posted so we can read your second thread.

Schpooko

So I should head over to pre-op now?
Yes, there's so much info there! The structure is a bit different in that you may have more than one pre-op thread as questions and concerns come up. Feel free to poke around to see if those answers are already available. For instance, I was wondering about a pre-op checklist and there it was!

See you back on this side when you have the surgery. Good luck! We're here for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts