TKR DLR recovery #2

5 weeks post op today... it feels like I have turned a corner. I am sleeping 7 to 8 hours in my own bed yes I still wake through the night but can get back to sleep. Pain is being managed with Tylenol and Advil for the inflamed tendon attachment. I am walking unassisted in the house and using a cane outside. While I will not win any prize for speed walking I am thrilled to see progress.
Last night I was able to sit on a piano bench and play for 30 minutes for my church music team practice..hurray for a normal activity.
Hang in there everyone there is hope.

Hi Diane:wave:
You've had quite a time lately. Hope you have improvement with the pain soon. I agree with Jockette.....it's been a lot for your body. Sending you a pm......

Last night I was able to sit on a piano bench and play for 30 minutes for my church music team practice..hurray for a normal activity.
That is fantastic. Sitting with the leg down is hard to do at your early stage and you did it! How blessed you and your praise team are!

Reactions: DLR
Forgot how hard it is to watch my dear husband do things I do so easily... he is currently washing our floors.. never has done it before, I keep having to remind him to rinse the mop...
Love his willing heart but oh my I will be glad to be able to do it again.

Bless him! At least he's trying to help. After this, he may have a greater appreciation of how much work is needed to keep the house clean and tidy.

Ah the ups and downs of knee recovery...Monday was an awesome day but then because I felt good I likely did a bit more, nothing specific just likely on my feet more. So have had 2 days of pain behind the knee. Haven’t fully joined the ODIC yet just hovering on the outskirts and remembering how easy it is to cross the line. I have to have a bit of oral surgery this morning so will take a pillow for my knee in the chair then rest ice elevate and nap for the rest of the day and see if I can get the knee happy again.
Slow and steady!!

Good luck with your dental procedure today and your knee recouperation!

@sistersinhim thanks! Getting towards the end of the year long dental implant procedure. Today they opened the gum and replaced the head of the implant screw...so I am home icing my face and knee...so fun !!

@DLR glad your dental procedure is over. My OS said no dental procedures for 3 months after surgery and then I have to take an antibiotic before any dental work. I know that some doctors have stopped this protocol, but not mine.

5 weeks post op today... it feels like I have turned a corner. I am sleeping 7 to 8 hours in my own bed yes I still wake through the night but can get back to sleep. Pain is being managed with Tylenol and Advil for the inflamed tendon attachment. I am walking unassisted in the house and using a cane outside. While I will not win any prize for speed walking I am thrilled to see progress.
Hang in there everyone there is hope.
I’m impressed that you can sit with your feet on the floor I can’t sit in a car for more then 2 miles

@winemama sitting in a car for any length takes time...just can’t get comfortable. I am hoping to get up to camp at 12 weeks...11 hour drive and a week cooking...will see

@winemama sitting in a car for any length takes time...just can’t get comfortable. I am hoping to get up to camp at 12 weeks...11 hour drive and a week cooking...will see
I guess sitting anywhere is going to take time, just sitting in a chair at home if I don’t have my leg up I can’t sit for more than two minutes the gravity pull this crazy I know I’ll get there slow and steady wins the race

@DLR , oral surgery while you're already in pain...you poor thing! Although, sometimes new pain can take your mind off the other pains you have :) Hope you feel better :flwrysmile:

@Irish471 thanks. I must admit to feeling down today. Just one of those days feeling overwhelmed..can't do this..sick of sitting around... sorry just a bit of a pity party day.
Will keep persevering

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom