THR Rhiannon89's recovery thread

@Rhiannon89 So sorry you had this happen, take your time and do what you need to do to get back on track. But do rest and take it easy as much as you are able.

Hi @Rhiannon89 So sorry about your set back. It sure can happen fast. I slightly brushes my left toe on step coming down and caught myself, but the jarring motion left me sore for a day.

Love that you are feeling natural and like yourself. Not there yet but can imagine it’s wonderful.

Wow, sure hope your leg is okay soon. Murphy's law always lurking in the shadows no matter how careful we are. Let us know when it feels better again, hoping soon. :flwrysmile:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this, Rhiannon, you were doing so well.
I'm sure the pain reliever, ice and lots of rest will help you recover quickly.
Feel better soon.
Hugs :console2:
@Rhiannon89

Absolutely No Falling Allowed:bignono:
Definitely against the rules!

Those muscles and tendons are so fragile, but the hip is probably very sturdy so baby yourself for a few days, friend.
Healing hugs:)

So how are you doing? Did all get back to okay with your surgery leg after tripping whilst coming off the bar stool? Hope so.....

I'm doing well!! I did another trip like that a couple of days ago in the field with no long last affects, I really am clumsy sometimes so trying to behave!

Back at work pretty much full time, but when I'm not serving I am sat on a bar stool, some of my regulars call me the bionic woman which I'm not mad about! I don't even consider walking with a crutch or cane anymore and yesterday I realised I was just walking normally all of a sudden! My knee must be getting stronger as it's stopped giving way, such a nice feeling!

So yeah I'm feeling pretty positive right now, even after a 9.5 hour shift on Monday my new hip had 0 complaints, my left was complaining a lot but it's just going to have to wait as I still have no idea when it's being done :sigh:

Nearly 2 months post op now and realising that I forget about my hip most of the time, then realise I should come on here to update as people need to see the good stuff :)

I hope you're all doing well!

Two months out that is wonderful and lovely for people to see a nice steady recovery!

Thanks for taking the time to update.
It is inspirational to those following behind you. It's great to hear you're doing so well.
And just think....at only two months post op there is still healing to happen and it will get even better! :happydance:
Happy Saturday...enjoy the weekend!
@Rhiannon89

It is inspiring! Even with some bar stool breaks, that's a long, heavy shift! It gives me hope for handling a few full days (spaced out) in the kitchen canning this summer. It would be sad indeed if I couldn't get my pickles, marmalade and jam made!

@Cecropia i feel better than i have done in years, I actually want to go out and enjoy myself rather than hide away indoors. The sore muscles afterwards I can cope with but the crippling arthritis pain was ruining any attempts I made at going out and being social. Even though I'm only 29 I feel 21 again haha!

It may have something to do with being cooped up for over a month too, I just want to be out and about all the time now!

It just keeps getting better and better!

IMG_20190515_190517_686-1024x1024.jpg

I rode for around half an hour, I was comfortable and not in any pain, I am so happy right now it's unreal. I've been in agony when riding for years, I cannot believe the difference!!! Me and my best friend had an evening ride in the sunshine for the first time in years, I feel amazing!

You and black beauty, wonderful to see you so happy. I was always going to have a horse when I got all grown up, my mom used to tease me about it. It never happened tho. You are SO LUCKY!!!:happydance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back