THR Early Birthday

Grilling and chilling!:ice:
Such is the life of recovery.
You've done very well, grasshopper.:) :-) (:
And I thought you might be a problem child:heehee:

Keep the faith, it will keep getting better!:happydance:

You may have another Blackstone convert here, too. I am terrible with charcoal, unless it is to roast marshmallows.

My husband had a hernia fixed a few years ago and he did great. Not much pain and up and around the next day (of course, he hadn't just had a THR). He couldn't lift anything heavy for 6 weeks though.

My hubs is a charcoal snob too. Although we have both, gas does come in handy spur of the moment. Googled that Blackstone and it looks fabulous. Too bad hubby works or I'd get him one and let him do ALL the cooking.
A girl can dream, right?
Looks like Sweetie is a keeper!
You've been doing great at this recovery biz. Hope you have a great week, billy.
@59billy

Soo..a few days from now...it will be one month Hipversary for you.
I know you are bored...I can tell by your proofreading skills:umm:

Hope you are hanging in there and I'm guessing by the time summer is in full swing, so shall you be.

Sunshine whoop!:SUNsmile:

Another good PT day. Worked on using operated leg to go up steps, stand up and sit down in chair without using hands, and the dreaded bridge! Couldn't have done any of that a week ago. Gait improving; the external rotation is almost gone.

Tired and sore, but what's new?

Another good PT day. Worked on using operated leg to go up steps, stand up and sit down in chair without using hands, and the dreaded bridge! Couldn't have done any of that a week ago. Gait improving; the external rotation is almost gone.

Tired and sore, but what's new?
I am jealous. I'm on a reduced walking and some simple home leg exercises for a month! I can't wait for PT.

I echo Jaycey in that warning, billy.
I can't tell you how many times I've read here of member's hurting themselves, or suffering a set-back doing Bridges. Please don't hesitate to tell the PT you're unwilling to do something IF you are uncomfortable.
@59billy

The bridges feel good, not really uncomfortable - just the old familiar feeling of working weak muscles. This PT group is pretty good at knowing what I'm ready to do. I haven't needed to push back, as they're more careful than I am.

Now and
Just got cleared to do upper body weights at the gym!

If you insist on posting about weight lifting, please include a trigger warning.

TBH, sitting in the chair I find myself thinking about doing some light upper work, but when I stand up, I remember that I spent the entire energy budget at Remedial Walking Class.

I suppose hauling my bulk into the truck counts for something, though.

The morning after my first hip replacement, the PT wanted me to do bridges right there in the hospital bed. I told her she was nuts. Second time around was much better. I didn't start to do those until I was able to.

I was all gung ho to go to the gym and start with the weight machines but but my enthusiasm has sort of fizzled lately. I have been walking, when it isn't raining (it's actually snowing right now)

I'm getting the impression that there are two basic approaches that physical therapists take:

1. Look at the patient, their medical records, etc and tailor a plan for them, knowing that you'll have to adjust it as they make progress.

2. Give everyone the same exercises from that photocopied sheet that you've kept since college.

Approach #1 is generally referred to as "competence". The language filter won't let me say what I call the second approach.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft