TKR FC Bayern's House of Healing

Well I'm 12 weeks into recovery as of today. Sure wish I had spent some time on the recovery side before my surgery so I would have had a better idea of how brutal this recovery is, then again it might have scared me out of the whole thing. :heehee: I know I still have a long way to go but it looks like the worst is behind me, so onward and upward! Looking forward to being able to walk my pup again. :dogwalk:

Yay for the worst behind you! As far as icing when traveling, I bought the chemical ice packs from Amazon. They are as good as the ice machine but much better than no ice! I bought them to take them camping my first year after my tkr. I did use them and still have some left for the future.

I very nearly was put off by the surgeon on the hospital website who was quite graphic in what to expect and all the various complications that could occur! Even though I heard it and it petrified me before surgery, I have to keep reminding myself of his words when I'm moaning about my aches and pains and wondering when it will end. Like you, I feel the worst is past and it can only get better now. You've had work to contend with too. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with that. You'll be walking that pup in no time. You're doing great!

ARRRG! At 12 weeks I just got to understand what zingers are! :gaah: These new day to day surprises suck.:groan:

13 weeks out today. Went to PT and I'm at 111 and +5, I'd like it to be a little further on but it's improving slowly, as long as it does I won't complain. Big milestone yesterday, I walked foot over foot up and down a full flight of stairs with no pain! :wowspring:Tomorrow I'l be going fishing with a close friend. His Aunt owns a 3000 acre cattle ranch that has a stream running through it with great Bass fishing. We would usually have been there 2 or 3 times by this time of year but I haven't been ready to try it before now. It's incedibly beautiful out there so I've really missed it as well as the companionship. Hopefully I'm not back here on Saturday having to declare myself president of ODIC! :shocked:

It sounds like a lovely place, whether you fish or not. I hope all goes well for you.

Great job on the stairs, I still can’t do that.

Sounds like you really are progressing along. Your knee is acting like mine I will get great flexation for a few days and then it wants to stiffen up! Hang in there and enjoy the weather and fishing! and if you do end up in the ODIC well at least you enjoyed that time and it was worth it.

13 weeks out today. Went to PT and I'm at 111 and +5, I'd like it to be a little further on but it's improving slowly, as long as it does I won't complain.
THat's really good progress for only 13 weeks. Slow and steady progress is best.
Big milestone yesterday, I walked foot over foot up and down a full flight of stairs with no pain!
That's great! Well done! :yes!: :happydance: :yay:

What a wonderful day. The ranch was beautiful, the fishing was great, and spending time with my buddy was great. I walked 14,000 steps over uneven ground and didn't even realize it. No pain during the day or now, but I did start icing and elevating as soon as I got home, tomorrow will tell if I pushed too hard. But how cathartic, the first pain free fishing trip in years! Just dealt with it in the past because I refused to stop living due to a bad knee. Even if I pay for it tomorrow it was well worth it. I feel the most optimistic that my TKR is going to let me go back to all the things I love to do than ever today. Hiking, fishing, scuba diving are all in my future, YES!:egypdance::happydance:
Fish'n.jpg
The Ranch.jpg

Great pictures, great accomplishment!

:wowspring:14,000steps, good fishing and good company, that is fantastic. I hope you're feeling ok today, but I'm with you when you say it will have been worth it even if you have to suffer for it (as long as it's not too much suffering). These trips out doing things we love are just so good for morale.

Very happy to report that I'm feeling pretty darn good this morning! Just a little bit of ache on the inside but nothing that doesn't pop up from time to time anyway. I did ice all night, just figured that was being smart. Truly believing the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming the other way!:rotfl:

Great news. Looks like you had a great trip. Like you say, it was worth it to be able to do things you love to do.

:yahoo:Fantastic post and a nice looking fish!

Say hello to the President of ODIC! Instead of being smart after a great Friday and taking it easy I had a very busy weekend with lots of standing and walking. :banghead:When I finally sat down to ice last night I realized how swollen my knee was. I used a light compression sleeve and my ice machine all night, it's down a little bit but I think it's going to be a few days to get back to where I was. Nobody to blame but me. :nah:

All hale president of ODIC FCBayern! sorry to hear you had a bit of a backwards step. I get those too but I noticed that I bounce back a little quicker! Hoping the same for you

I take some solace from the fact I would have hurt worse than this if I had been so active for 3 days before my TKR. :loll:

Good spirit, hope you recover soon !

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom