THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

Agree that it's a lovely spot for a walk, by the time I get to having my surgery and feeling like going for a walk we'll be in blistering heat so I'll hide inside in the AC. :loll::ice:

Lovely pic @Carriemay60 , it is so good to see you out enjoying the sunshine.

But oh those bare branches, spring comes so late in your part of the world. But then in this part of the world, temperature wise it seems to have come and gone.

Re your swelling, I think it was about the one month point that I noticed half a lemon sized lump by incision. It gradually became half an apricot, grape, pea, gone. My surgeon at 6 week check up said it was normal healing, only noticeable because I was skinny, lol (I wish). You are skinny too.

@Klassy I had remembered your lump when deciding if I should be concerned. Mine isn't quite as definable but is down a bit. I've never had any hips at all even after children so don't mind a bit of a curve; just wish it was even on both sides!
On the West Coast of Canada where I grew up, all the cherry blossoms will be out and flowers poking up. We are generally a good month + behind.

What really irks me about this photo is how much that sweatshirt shrunk!!! Supposed to be pre-shrunk but has clearly lost a few inches. Just bought last week so I guess I'll be heading back to the mall to return it! Let's hope I can get out of there without buying even more stuff!

@Elf1 I think there is very little that could keep me from walking outside right now. It just feels so free after so much limitation these last years. You need to get a little handheld fan and a baseball hat that holds a cold beer! Stuff your bra & panties full of ice packs and get out there when you're able! :heehee:

Today has been a hard one! Woke up stiff and sore in hip & leg but also feels like every joint I have is flared with RA :oyvey: the RA just adds insult to injury so to speak. Off to the GP for pain management shortly and while I am skipping some doses, I don't want them to reduce the Rx just in case.
Absolutely dreading PT tomorrow so I am planning on wearing my grumpy 'don't you dare touch me'! face and accidentally hit anyone that trys with my cane. I am not booking another appt while there because I see the OS next Wednesday and I think I can fade into the discharged pile after that.

Sorry you're having a bad start today..........hope it gets better as the day goes by. I like that you're going to wear the grumpy face to PT tomorrow especially after that last visit you had. You're doing to good to go backwards now!!

I am not past claiming to be quarantined @Klassy Just need to slide by the OS appt next week and figure I am home free! :heehee:
Great appt with the GP. My primary leads a teaching program with the med school here so often you see a resident who then gets final approval from one of the Profs. Today I got a guy I've never met. I think he might have been Indian. Such a gentle man. Agreed to leave my Rx as is for 2 more weeks. He is totally in the Bonesmart camp. He made it clear he did not want to be Rx'ing painkiller and picking up the pieces because of being pushed at PT. described to exercise only to a gentle stretch and stop but can repeat that a few times. If any pain from it the next day, pull back even further. I didn't tell him I'm quitting anyway :) but not really sure he would have cared. The bit of fresh air also did me good and feeling a good bit more cheerful. I might try to get out mid morning moving forward - good for the soul :flwrysmile:

I am wondering how others are phasing in the cane. Other than nighttime potty runs, I have switched to the cane 100% since Sunday. However, my front & side thigh, hip and buttock are sore and achy as heck. Should I be phasing this in instead of going full steam? If you did phase in, how?
Tagging you @Jaycey because I think I've seen you address this before?

@SE Florida I walked into my appointment today with just the cane and my son's arm on the other side to help with balance and so many other people about. I was assigned, literally, to the very last exam room out of 20 on that hallway, return, plus getting to & fro the entrance & elevator. I can do the OS with less effort for sure. Makes me quite nervy if I think people are waiting to get around me from the back so really appreciate Awstin's help. I could follow the line in the faux wood floor quite well with some concentration so was proud of that. No foot swinging way out.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks