THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

So happy you can put that worry behind you. Very impressive that you are walking outside! I’m with you on the hesitancy. My driveway hill looks like a mountain now. :yikes:

You earned yourself a siesta! :yawn: :sleep:
You and that new hip were rocking today :wink:
Relax and enjoy the view from your recliner!
@SarahBee

I'm sure I'll pay later but it felt soooooo good to be able to "do stuff" :yes!:

I have stopped my Tramadol, am still taking meloxicam, aspirin and extra strength Tylenol. I'm debating only taking the Tylenol at bedtime or before PT. Thoughts?

Personally as you are only 3 weeks out I would keep taking them regularly... just for another week or so ...it’s keeping the pain at bay & means you can keep up your great recovery.. just my opinion @SarahBee..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny and @Carriemay60 , that was what I was thinking. I have had no pain over a 1 or 2 since early days after surgery. My fear is if I stop taking anything I will set myself up to be miserable. I don't see my OS until May 7 so thought someone would have a helpful thought.

Thanks ladies

oh yes .. pain=misery=poor recovery!!
Also I was told that it’s only by taking paracetamol regularly that it keeps the pain down ... a few more weeks & you can cut them down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your shoes and based on what my doctor said today I would stick with Josephine's Tylenol and Tramadol chart.

I have stopped my Tramadol, am still taking meloxicam, aspirin and extra strength Tylenol. I'm debating only taking the Tylenol at bedtime or before PT. Thoughts?

Sarahbee- I spoke with my OS today- he said definitely keep taking the aspirin 2x day- as for the Meloxicam and Tylenol it’s up to me- I’m taking 1 pill (500 mg) before bed and at lunchtime. Seems to be working for me BUT everyone is different and you should check with dr office. Happy 3 weeks:)

I don't like the way the Tramadol makes me feel, @Carriemay60 Funny because I used oxycodone prescribed by my PCP before surgery and literally felt nothing. Of course, it did nothing for the pain but no matter. I will continue with the Tylenol, maybe until I see my OS. My pain is a 1 at its worst so I can't justify heavy pain meds.I

Knocking on wood like a madman!

@beachlily I had the surgeon's okay to stop the Tramadol and will finish off the 40+/- days of Meloxicam and aspirin. That should put me right at my follow up appointment.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom