THR Bickypeg's new hip

Its a while since I've been up to the Heptonstall cafe, must try it again soon. Strange unpredictable weather. Lots of bulbs wanting to open but deciding to stay closed.
Its a long haul for us. The more active we become the more other joints have to adjust....

Oh my stars...you got your socks on yourself! Now that is progress and warm feet make a happy heart:roseshwr:

Like this too but doesn't come in a pastel:umm:What ya think, mama bickypeg?

Attachments

• rps20190406_052848.jpg
    rps20190406_052848.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 159
Awesome on the socks! I'm happy for you.
It brings such a feeling of accomplishment to be able to do the simplest of things again after losing the ability. The second chance of this surgery gives one a grateful heart.
Have a great rest of the day!
@bickeypeg

Heptonstall sounds lovely! The 1st time I went to the UK with my husband and drove through to Wales I felt like I suddenly had pictures for my mind to go with all the novels I read (Catherine Cookson type books and English village novels). Socks is a great milestone!!

@Mojo333 Your prank is hilarious and also got me good! I had visions of you arriving on a Harley! I really like the lines and shape of the second one but agree the fabric might be a touch too 'satin loungewear'. The lace I also love but would agree a spring/Easter colour would be preferred. I will jump in on this topic. I have really loved choosing dresses and pant sets for my kids weddings over the last several years. We should start a thread in social for dress reviews! :happydance:

Can anyone recommend some good stretches? Especially in the morning on getting up?

Happy Two Month Anniversary to Righty!
I hope you've had a nice weekend.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!
@bickypeg

A busy few days with lots of company and then a few very quiet ones. I know which I prefer!
Still dry mouth waking me every few hours but finally made an appointment to see the GP (not until May as not an emergency!)but much less stiffness on getting up and fewer painkillers. Spent quite a while in the garden yesterday snipping and pruning one handedly, as it's very sloping I'm not parting company with my stick.. Felt none the worse afterwards although I'm still not very bendy so someone else needs to pick up the clippings! Also still coming downstairs like a toddler. Do wonder if I shouldn't be doing some PT exercises on the new side but...
Panicking this morning as heel on new leg quite sore. Foolishly googled bed sores. Please tell me if one is doing 1.5 miles even if only round the house every day that's unlikely? (unless I have diabetes or serious circulation problems ) Oh for the days when there was no online information on medical problems and you just got on with life! But then there'd be no Bonesmart of course!

I know what you prefer too :wink: People around, namely family. It seems that's when you thrive @bickypeg

Sorry you continue to struggle with that pesky dry mouth. Too bad you have to wait so long to see the GP.

I think your flexibility will continue to improve as you move through recovery. You're coming up on 9 months
post op for Lefty and only recently passed two months post op with Righty. That's two major surgeries within a year, only 7 months apart. It takes a full year, I've heard even up to two years in some instances, for full recovery.

You mentioned your heel is sore. Are there visible symptoms and that's why you're googling bed sores, or is it just painful and you can't trace the origin? Is it red, warm to the touch, any open sores or blisters?

Wondering if you'd feel better all around if you targeted getting out on a walk everyday...possibly increasing your steps a bit. So many health benefits and great mood booster too.

I hope you have a great rest of the day and a peaceful evening.

I'm only getting a touch of it so far now, but last time my heels (especially on the op side) were horrible. I had no clue it was quite normal so was worried sick about it. People say sheepskin helps.

That's good to know @Carriemay60 thank you. Just felt sore this morning getting out of bed and looks very pink, slightly the same on the other side. Been sleeping on my back for the past 9 months of course. Have got a tiny sheepskin but not sure it's always lined up correctly. Have been wearing new trainers without socks for a day or two and I've a nasty suspicion they're too big.(I've wasted so much money on shoes over the months. I wish manufacturers would get their sizing consistent) So it may be that.
It's pink @Layla that's all. Not warm I don't think, no sores or blisters. Seriously hoping finally getting on my side in bed will help both the dry mouth(I'm sure it's permanently open) and strange feet problems. They do get very warm in bed and this is unusual for someone who always had icy bedtime feet according to OH. .I do walk up and down the road a way but it's very steep and a bit of a chore.

Mine used to wake me in the night. A real sharp tenderness almost feeling like what I imagine those baby heel pokes might feel like if they were tinier pokes but quite a few of them. I've wondered about a gel pad working but haven't tried it. I might try a gel pad soon on my tush. Have one spot really bothering me that I am afraid will become a sore.

I've worn socks and some old shoes today @Carriemay60 (And went for a walk @Layla though I still feel very insecure walking down the hill) and it feels fine. Wondered about wearing bedsocks tonight as protection but that would make feet even hotter! At least my behind is OK! I suspect you're too young and active to be getting proper bed sores. I seem to remember the physio in hospital checking our heels but it hadn't occurred to me to wonder why. Are you still seeing someone as your op is so recent?

Love that you spent some time in your garden. Sounds lovely! I get sore heals too. Hard to avoid with 7 months of back sleeping. I’m with you on shoe sizing. I’ve ordered a few and so far no luck finding something just right.

I suspect you're too young and active
I don't know about that!! :alarm:

I wear Birkenstocks a lot but have done for years and not sure that would be an advisable transition around surgery as they take some getting used to. I do wonder about Skechers for you both though as there is a bit of elastic in my slip on ones and they go on with a shoe horn very easily if reaching is an issue. They feel like clouds once on and are great shock absorbers. I won't argue they are expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom