THR Fairydell's recovery thread

@Jaycey It was the physio lady. My leg is numb and won't support my weight. I am worried sick. Going home tomorrow with a leg brace and crutches. Have to come back in two weeks to be checked for improvement.

@Fairydell, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee problem. I hope you get some answers very soon to put your mind at rest. Not the same I know, but I had a numb heel for many months after my left hip revision. I thought it would be permanent but it resolved eventually.
On a lighter note, I've always hated tea. Now that's out I guess I'll be expelled from Wales!

Sorry @Fairydell, our posts crossed. I'm not surprised you're worried. Hopefully you'll get some reassurance from your surgeon before you go home.

I'm so sorry that your leg is numb and wobbly. This surgery is very traumatic, but most of these things heal. I hope you have a walker. That gave me much more stability. I'm glad that the arthritis pain is gone. The first three days are the worst. I just wanted to lay still after my surgery. I think they tend to rush us. There is plenty of time.

I agree with, Jaycey.
Please don't take a physical therapists word on this.
You need to talk to your surgeon and hopefully he / she can offer you some reassurance.
Prayers for your peace of mind.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort :console2: Please keep us posted.
@Fairydell

Agree with Jaycey and Layla.
Things can be disturbed and take some time to get sorted.
The infamous log leg I am guessing you have heard new hippys discuss can manifest itself differently but can be a few days up-to some weeks.
Try not to stress. :friends:

I am still in hospital but hopefully will be going home tomorrow. I am desperate for some sleep.

I'm so sorry for all of the problems you are having with your leg! I do hope you get with your surgeon before going home. It sounds like it's for the best to stay another night in the hospital. I hope you're able to relax and get that much needed sleep. Thinking of you and sending lots of comforting hugs.......

Well I didn't have too bad a night. Been up to the bathroom twice and my leg definitely feels stronger. Still wobbly but stronger. Hopefully the nerves might just be a bit stressed and just need a bit of time. I will catch up with everyone else's recovery threads when I get home later today Hope you are all healing and comfortable. X

:happydance:Yay for going home!
You will certainly feel better and be able to get more comfortable.
Stay with the meds and assume the position.:ice:
Good to hear things are improving:) :-) (:

@Fairydell
By the time you read this you should be home. I hope things are going ok for you although I am sure you will feel a bit 'lost' without the nurses around. I know I did, but it didn't take me long to settle back into my own surroundings and work out what I could and couldn't do.
Have a good afternoon and I hope you manage some sleep tonight.

When I had my second back surgery at a private hospital in Seattle WA, I was stunned by the meals I was given. The day after surgery, I was served a filet mignon that looked & tasted like it had escaped from a 6 star restaurant!

Hi everyone. I am home at last. My leg is still numb but I am coping really well on crutches. The lovely physio lady gave me a spare crutch to leave at the top of the stairs to save me from carrying it up and down. The food has been wonderful....I had a lovely smoked salmon and creme fraiche bagel for lunch yesterday. It was delicious.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom