2019 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

rainbow-3-jpg.29921

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

08 April 2019 Jwatrlily, bibi
09 April 2019 lizbuff93
10 April 2019 LLL50 (patello femoral), katclub
11 April 2019 gmfrn (revision), jeffjob
16 April 2019 swmrgirl (revision), jellycats, tylermit (revision)
19 April 2019 Momma-me (revision)
24 April 2019 TasNettie
25 April 2019 Nomad
28 April 2019 SmithSmith
29 April 2019 Momma-me, Vansan

april 36.jpg
@SmithSmith, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!

april 6.jpg
@Izzy59, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hi, I am having TKR in left knee on April 24. I got my surgery date on Friday. I’m alternating between happy excited and fear.

april 26.jpg
@mistyblue, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

april 56.jpg
@jellycats, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

I will add myself as my date is 4/11/19!!!

It's been a long journey as I had to loose some weight to get approved. I lost 58 lbs to get the the required BMI of 40.

Both knees are bad (and have been so for a long time) and reaching 60 last year I really noticed how slow I was getting and I was just not wanting to be on my feet anymore.

I have a ritual every year where I enter my Corvette in a really hard judged show. My friends are the best competition as well. I spend about 50 hours cleaning the car to prepare for the show and then another 4-5 hours cleaning once we get there. Well, last year it just about killed me to do it, LOL. Still took second in a large group of cars!

My Doc will only do one at a time so the left one on 4/11 and then the other about 6 weeks later.

So ready for this!

april 129.jpg
@jeffjob, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

@bottomshallow , you made my day with the corvette picture!

Feeling a bit down with excessive knee pain that started yesterday. Someone doing something nice makes me a bit less self absolved and feeling better!

You made a difference in my day and thank you for that,

I am having my knee replacement on April 24th, 64 soon to be 65, left knee flared up just getting off the couch ! Tried everything so looking forward to getting back in my pedal kayak and fishing next summer.

Hi there
Can you please add me?
TKR revision from patellar/femoral replacement.
April 29th.
Also... left knee scope same day :oyvey:

april 20.jpg
@Momma-me, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

I am having a RTKR April 16 to replace a mako PKR that was installed July of 2014. I am getting nervous as hell trying to find information about revisions. It looks like I found the right place.

april 110.jpg
@tylermit, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

I am having my knee replacement on April 24th, 64 soon to be 65, left knee flared up just getting off the couch ! Tried everything so looking forward to getting back in my pedal kayak and fishing next summer. Please add to April list

Hi!
I am not having a partial. I am having a RTKR (which will replace my patellar/femoral)
Along with a left knee scope

Thanks!

april 53.jpg
@TasNettie, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow! Forgive me for overlooking your first post :blush::blush::blush:.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Hi. My RTKR is April 29th. I am not in much pain but both knees have not much cartilage left

I am still pretty active my had to limit my activities
Still freaked out about Spinal and Femoral block

Thinking I may ask for General
My pre op is April 8th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

april 51.jpg
@Vansan, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back