TKR (Sequential) 12 months already

Well I moved upstairs on Friday and have not looked back, party was a success, hubby enjoyed the attention, knees a bit tired after all the prep but settled quickly while I mingled, visitors had a great visit popped them on the bus yesterday for their trip home,called into work on way home just to remind them I am here, got 3 definate shifts, just pottering today having a relax, oh another milestone today was able to get down on the floor to do some stretches and was able to get back up by rolling on to..... wait for it da da da both knee's Fiestie decided to come to the party after all :))

@traceys your right it was that quick I was just tired, and needed sleep, the turn around has been amazing

@sistersinhim thank you it is so true, I am so glad I had them both done, I have a ways to go before I forget about them both , but I never realised how much I was suffering until I wasn't

@beachy thank you also, it is a journey that will continue for awhile yet, but I know I can come here and count on all my amazing bone smart, smarties for encouragement and advice when needed

Chris:flwrysmile:

Well I have done it..... my first 9 hour shift back at work, knee's coped really well, though the problem child told me off a bit mainly behind the knee discomfort, elevating and icing as we speak but it was great, soo good to be back in to the land of the living

Chris:))

@gecko
The newest character for Marvel superheroes should be a gecko!!! Way to go!!!

Congrats on your first day back success story! Don't do anything more after work for the first couple of weeks until your knee gets used to your being back to work.

Oh yes! I came back to the land of the living this past Monday as well. 9 hour days but I have to say it is just what I needed! Mentally I am 1000% better and this new knee is responding very well! So happy for you!! It is so great to feel somewhat normal again!

Oh my sorry everyone forgot to check on you all, I cant help it I am addicted to April the Girraffe having her next baby :heehee:

Thankyou @sistersinhim , I must admit to not being able to do to much after a shift, but with ice and elevation the knee's settle down pretty well :)

@traceys thank you but I am no super hero just very determined:thumb:

Thankyou @beachy , I am getting better each shift, and sneakingly a bit proud, hope it keeps going well:fingersx:

@donnag1108 I agree it does make 100%difference mentally, but it is hard work after the first 6 hours, but I make sure I get my breaks and I elevate whilst having them:giggle:

Oh boy it has been ages , still hooked on April the Girraffe.
Work is going ok, still having to elevate and ice at times, if my shift has been busy,
Just got home from 2 days looking after 5 of my sons 6 children, phew forgot what it was like feeding them after school and getting them out of the door in the morning, time for a rest before work Thursday,
Hope everyone is doing great

Wow, 5 grandchildren and a 4 month old knee. Now, that's amazing. You have definitely earned a nice rest.

@beachy thankyou and you just know I am trying to work out how to put a cape on that gecko don't you :rotfl:

@sistersinhim you know it is a bit tough sometimes but hey they are mine, I have 13 granchildren and 2 great grandchildren, I am so blessed, and gosh did not realise I had a 4 month knee, that makes number 2 knee 3.5 months , guess time flys when your mostly having fun:happydance:

Hi everyone, hope your all doing great, been real busy working and just being a Granny
Finally found an image for you @beachy Ha!!!

Attachments

• 20190424_222642.jpg
    20190424_222642.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 179
Well finally managed to find the time to have my 6 month check with my surgeon, at 7 months + 2 weeks first knee, 7months 2nd knee,
He was amazed when I told him I was working 80 hours a fortnight, back to full time, no need to see him again, :))) though he may see me in 10 years if my new bits start to wear

I can finally say it was the very best thing I could of done for my self, you don't reaise how much pain you had until you don't have any

I am truly grateful to my bone smart family as I am in no doubt without you my recovery would not of been as good as it has been, so again thank you

To all our newbies it is not painless nor is it easy, but it is made easier by being part of this bone smart family, no question is a wrong question just ask, there is always someone some were on this amzing site that is going through the same if not similar and can give you help and lots of encouragement
:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

That is an awesome report, and especially for less than a year out! I’m very happy for you!

Thank you @Jockette , it is a great result , practising kneeling for longer than a few seconds at the moment it feels weird , it doesnt hurt as such but I dont trust them to kneel on for some reason:tada::tada:

Wow, what a wonderful, exceptional recovery you have had. It's nice that you can give hope to those coming up behind you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom