TKR New Left Knee replacement

Same to you!
:nativity::treestar:

Merry Christmas!! :santa hug::nativity:

Well guys here we are 2019 hopefully things will go well had a very hectic 2018 although we got to the bottom of a lot of my wifes problems.
Due to go back to work a week on monday but considering putting it back a couple of weeks will decide by the end of this week.

Hi Folks just checking in busy with the driveway just now NO not me doing it. I made a decision to return to work on Tuesday and everything was going swimmingly until the middle of this week then I started to suffer pain in my other knee strange as it was stiff like my leg that had been operated on. I still get a slight numb feeling at the top of my left leg but the pain in my right knee can be quite sore and at times have to take a break from walking. I was out for a lengthy walk with my dog when at my daughters could this may be the problem.

Last edited:
Hi quick update after writing the last blog I made a decision to elevate both legs putting ice on my left kee and and a hot water bottle on my right. After a while I maneuvered my right leg to get comfy and there was an almighty click in my right knee my wife heard it and asked what was that I said I don't know. It appeared to ease the pain and after using the hot water bottle in bed and taking ibuprofen I feel a lot better this morning :wink:. So going to take it easy and hopefully it has sorted itself out.

Yikes - that popping must have been a bit scary! Hope this all eases with rest today!

One of the things I experienced with my TKR knee, less so on the "good" knee, sounds similar to what happened to you. I was having small meniscus tears. I think that sometimes a ragged piece of meniscus would come loose and get caught in the joint. They've always resolved on their own in a couple of days.

Hi folks haven't been in for a while as I have been feeling **** with what my doc said was a viral Infection eventually went back for an antibiotic which still hasn't cleared it and only just over two weeks of being back at work I had to go off for a few days to let me recover.
Anyway back to my knee which has come along peachy and I have just done minimal exercise and that numb feeling at the top of my leg has all but gone, much more flexabiity and can bend it much better. Glad I listened to all the admin on here and stayed away from extra physio :wink:
I am out walking the dog most mornings so this has helped. maryo52 so sorry i never got back to you that pop did fighten the hell out of me but it appeared to solve the problem.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
rubyedith
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom