THR Sowotiff is on the mend!

Hey @sowotiff it’s been a while. I’ve been meaning to check in with you all, then I just logged in and saw your post and had to jump in. It will be a year for me in March. I can relate to occasional thigh pain when I over do it, or if I suddenly get active after a period of inactivity.
I don’t have issues with socks, or shoes with minimal heels. I can walk for long periods without pain, but inactivity or sitting too long makes me stiff and aching. I don’t attempt running (except for those short distances running after my grandkids). I worry about that thigh pain and won’t relax until I see my OS and he tells me everything is okay. Most days I don’t even think about my hip replacement. Other days I’m reminded that I’m still healing.
I think you should try to stay active but not overdo it, it sounds like maybe you should try to do the activities that aren’t causing trouble for now, avoid the rest. If you can schedule an earlier visit that might help, but if your OS is like mine and booked solid, at least it’s not that far away. Good luck, I hope that you’re OS can alleviate your concerns.

Well, had a fabulous time in NOLA. Yes, I had some hip pain/ discomfort, but was able to manage getting around with Uber and the street car. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment with the surgeon. Hoping for a good report. And, hoping that all of my concern was just me setting my expectations too high. I'm off to Miami in April for a girls trip. I'd really like to travel without holding the group back. Wish me luck!

Happy One Year Anniversary!
It's nice to hear you enjoyed New Orleans.
Please let us know how your appt goes tomorrow and what your surgeon has to say about the pain and discomfort
you're dealing with. Best of luck with your visit.
@sowotiff

Sowotiff....Sometimes the hip just needs time to duke it out and find a safe well balanced time for healing.:good-bad:.
I hope you have a great time on your trip to Miami. A trip to look foreword to helps motivate us to heal faster than anything else. Be mindful of resting and not overdoing. I went to Disney World, Epcott and Vizcaya gardens :flwrysmile:in fla ... 10 weeks after surgery. Walking is the best for healing all in small increments. Then hot tub at the end of the day to recharge your batteries. :wowspring:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom