TKR Sore leg after vaccuum cleaner fell on it!

Hi @Welshlass
I can have my other knee done whenever i'm ready, the consultant just said to call him and he'll fit me in. I need to fit it in with my work as due to the time off I had with my first TKR I was at my max amount of sick leave. After the end of April this year i'll be ok if I need to take up to 6 months off with full pay so i'll think about it then.

I think any amount of extra weight will affect your knees, whether they're replaced or not. I suppose it's common sense really as your knees take most of your weight ?

My daughter is home from Uni this week so the diet is out the window at the moment ! Meal out tomorrow evening with friends then it's my sons birthday Friday so out again then ! Once she's back next week i'll get my head into it again.

Yes it is difficult when you know that you will be eating out but hey ho it's nice to go out! The diet can wait.

It's half term here next week so the biscuits will be coming out for the grandchildren. I went for lunch with old work colleagues yesterday and they were asking after my new knee. I told them I had no pain as such but had the feeling that my knee had a concrete collar around it. Was your knee the same or is it just me?

Good news my local swimming pool use their 'baby pool' 3 sessions per week for hydro therapy it's only £2 per session so no excuse I have to go !
Enjoy your week.

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean!

@Josephine

Ok sorry. I'm not brilliant using computer so don't fully understand how they work on chats. When I replied to Hopslong61 I forgot to add the@ sign so I'm not sure she will get my message because of this. Or, more to the point if the messsge goes anywhere else or starts a new thread. Is it possible to recall a message? Perhaps you could explain if it's not complicated.

The explanation is in the smaller image on the left.

If you look, I've put in two arrows. One is horizontal and the other is vertical.
Where the star is, is the point of the pain
Look to the left following the blue arrow which is the row and you come to the letter C
Look upwards following the red arrow which is the column and you come to R2F
That makes the reference which is C RF2F
Get it?

example.jpg

When I replied to Hopslong61 I forgot to add the@ sign so I'm not sure she will get my message because of this.
You have a short timeframe to edit a post. If you have passed that time, just post a new message tagging her and tell her to check out your recent post.

Many of us read all the threads, whether we are tagged in a message or not. It’s very likely @hopalong61 will come back to check your new post, even without the tag. However, I did tag her, so she’ll see it.

Thanks @Welshlass x

I do have the concrete feeling too. Been shopping today with my daughter and it gets worse the more I walk ! It's not pain as such, just uncomfortable.

@hopalong61
It's exactly the same for me no pain just uncomfortable. It's so nice to be able to share experiences and to realise other people are going through the same thing. Well done Bonesmart !

Personally I think the knee might be on the mend! I still can only do one stair at a time but from listening to others this should come eventually. Today I went to M & S (department store) to return a jacket, on my own, without any walking aid, for the first time since August last year. Success! Can I see light at the end of the tunnel! I still limp but what the heck. So nice not to have to depend on people and not feel frightened in case something were to happen - like a fall or something similar. So good day today.

:goodpost:That sounds so good. Way to go!

I'm 6 months post TKR and yesterday while I was cleaning my vaccuum cleaner handle came away and the cleaner fell on to my new knee. It's really sore to touch and has swollen a bit! Has anyone else hurt their new knees? I'm guessing ice is the answer?

@Welshlass
I'm sorry you've hurt your new knee.

Yes, rest, ice and elevation is the answer. It's most unlikely that you have damaged the implant itself, but you've bruised the soft tissues.

You can let your surgeon know, if your knee doesn't seem to improve.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member