Need info on the cost of the knee joint implants

rkyobo

Country
United States United States
Our insurance will cover the cost of the surgeon, anesthesiologists, and hospital, but not the implant itself. Does anyone know how much this could cost? I can't find even a ball-park figure online anywhere. It could be $200 or $2000 for all I know. Anyone have a clue?

I noticed you are 65, do you have Medicare? Call whom ever you have insurance thru, they should give you answers. When I had my surgery, and I have medicare, the cost of the implant was included in the hospital charge.

• Agree
Reactions: pdx
Don’t be afraid to talk to your insurance again about the implant being covered. It is possible you got bad information.

That happened to me — not about the implant, but something else. I told my OS and they called the insurance. lol and behold, completely covered. The insurance rep who told me otherwise was mistaken.

If your OS has a surgical coordinator, maybe he/she could help. But you can also call yourself and ask to speak to somebody higher up the chain.

^Both those suggestions sound like the way to go.

I would call the billing department for the orthopedic practice and ask them. They'll be the one submitting the bill.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts