THR Ginny's Recovery Thread (LTHR)

Of course You have to take care of You in order to be of any use to anyone else.
You deserve this recovery time..and things will get better and better.:) :-) (:
I'm guessing your mom would also certainly want that for you.
Read...and stay on house aRest!:ice:

Happy Tuesday :hi:
Sorry for your setback, Ginny. I hope the discomfort eases quickly and you're feeling strong again soon.
You're doing well and with a little rest you'll be there again.
I hope you have a nice week.
@Ginny12

Oh, @Ginny12, sorry to hear about the setback and pain in your leg--doesn't sound fun at all. I am sure it might have felt discouraging but taking it one day at a time, realizing this too will pass and you'll be back on the forward trajectory of healing, and not beating yourself up is the way to go. You have a lot of stress in your life right now and I think acknowledging that and being kind to yourself is appropriate and needed. And if you are a reader and a stack of unread books, I am betting the time will pass without too much trouble. Lose yourself in the worlds created in those books! You absolutely deserve time for rest and distraction--it's healing and necessary.

PS Interesting that you felt "revulsion" at the thought of a foreign part being inserted in your body. I guess we all have things before surgery that we fixate upon. For me, it was all about the dreaded sedation and spinal--that was my biggest fear and the issue I perseverated upon endlessly (especially at 2:00 AM!) When I had surgery, that was no problem, and sounds like your concern about a foreign part has also fallen by the wayside. Funny what we all choose to worry about!

:hi:
How's life on the down low?
I haven't lost empathy for those who are having to be patient and nurse their recovery along...but the craziness in my work week has me melancholy for my recovery days...when all I COULD do was see about me.:unsure:

Sure hope pain is easing and that you are doing better.:ok:

You know, This too shall pass.
Hope today is a Good Day !:friends:

Hello Ginny - I hope the tendonitis is sorting itself out and you are back to walking your lovely dog again… 1-2 miles a day is impressive! Wishing you success and a peaceful time for both you and your Mum.

Hey Ginny :wave:
I hope things are going well in your world.
With any luck your mom is comfortable and hanging in there as best she can.
Wishing you a peaceful rest of the week. :)
@Ginny12

Hi @Layla,

Thank you for checking in on me, so kind and thoughtful (as usual).

My mum, despite all the odds, is hanging in there. If anything she is a bit better!

I think that you may be aware that i pulled a glute muscle when driving a couple of weeks ago. I have found it harder to recovery from this than the actual op. Not sure why but i think that mentally i had become used to being 'normal' again and then to be housebound and hobbling has made me descent into a massive pity party for myself. However, it is getting better and i am giving myself a few pep talks to improve my mood.

Overall things are going well and sorry for not posting much at the moment. As ever i am so grateful to be part of this community.

Ginny x

It's ok.I'm glad you're mom is a bit better.I can see why you are unhappy.I am sure you will get back to it someday.

I'm sorry you're still hurting, Ginny. :console2:
Thankfully your mom is resting comfortably, at least I'm sssuming so if she's a bit better.
I hope you are finding some relief either through meds, icing or rest. It's sad that you were doing so well...until you weren't.
You have a lot going on dear Ginny, we understand your absence. Post when you're able, we'll be here.
Hugs
@Ginny12

Hi All,

I am a bit of a drama Queen and i am doing better than i sound. I am beyond thrilled that i have had the op. My muscle is getting better, i realise that i am very lucky. Every day extra with my mum is a gift so lucky there too.

Compared to most people i have nothing to moan about, but that does not seem to stop me...

Healing vibes to all,

xx

Just for today...
My son is a recovering addict who uses the above named daily meditations to give him strength. But those three words are in themselves so powerful to me that I use them in my daily life.
I cannot always find the motivation or confidence to figure out how to cope in perpetuity...but I can manage
Just for today!

That's how we do it, right?:tada:

Hope today is a Good Day @Ginny12

This is a safe place, Ginny.
Moan away when you're having a bad day. We all experience them.
I'm happy your recovery is going well and that mom is still around so you can continue to
create memories together.
May your weekend be peaceful :SUNsmile:
@Ginny12

Hi, @Ginny12. Happy to read that your mother, despite the odds, is holding on and maybe even seeming a little better. I agree--what a gift that must be. Your muscles will get stronger as you continue to recover, I am sure. And some days will be better than others. Hope the good days are holding their own against the not so good. And moaning and groaning is always okay here--we've all "been there, done that". Hang in there. Hugs to you.

Hi @Ginny12
Just thinking of you as you may the 4 month mark and hoping all is well with you.
I know four months and after saw my biggest improvements in stamina and strength.

Hope things are getting better and better!:egypdance:

Dear @mojo,

All is well with me, thank you. Sorry that i have not been posting much. You and the other moderators really are special people to reach out and care for the people on this forum as you do!

My mum remains ill, but stable. My glute strain much better and i am doing very well hip wise. I have just seen my physio and i am a bit behind in rehab due to the strain but i can now walk several miles per day easily. Back at work, i do locum work so can fit it around my family.

I am thrilled with the result of my surgery, and i am much less anxious in general. Debating whether to have surgery takes up so much emotional energy! I have accepted that anxiety is something i am prone to but having the fear of the operation definitely made it much worse.

So, to sum up, at 4 months even with a minor setback i am doing extremely well.

As ever, i wish everybody well,

Ginny x

Thanks for the update Ginny.
Life just doesn't stop while we recover, right?
It is a traumatic time...was for me...going through all of this and then dealing with aging ill parents ... oh, the circle of life.

Glad you are happy to have done this...you know handling all of these other crises would be just torture with bad hips!

Continued healing mojo coming your way!

Great update, @Ginny12, at least in terms of surgical recovery. Sorry to hear that your mother continues to do poorly, but sounds like she's hanging in there. Each day must be a gift to have her here, so I am sure you are treasuring these days. Glad to read that glute strain has eased and that, overall, you are doing well and returned to work--wow! Also glad that anxiety has eased for you. I think everyone stresses out about having the surgery, up to and including the day of (!), and it's remarkable how we all seem to just take a deep breath when we're fully awake afterwards and it's a new day and we're all on the road to recovery despite the setbacks for some. Cheers to you, and hope things continue to go reasonably well for you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom