THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

@SurreyGirl
Glad the appraisal went well. At least that's over for another year now.

You can keep your oysters but I will have some Sancerre if there is any left :)

Have a great weekend. Hope the weather is kind to you

@SurreyGirl, I just read through your more recent thread posts and was so happy to see your check list, which adds up to getting on with normal life! :yes!:. Getting in and out of your sports car sounds like a major accomplishment, and the bath...how luxurious! Your latest blip on the screen, the nasty dental work, seems mostly finished, and the antibiotics are behind you. May that be the final blip on this journey! Onwards to continuing enjoying the holidays! :dancing:

@SurreyGirl

Just caught up reading your thread and i am now having a lie down. You are amazing on all the things that you do and nobody could accuse you of not seizing life by the throat. As for work, too right that you got a good appraisal ,the fact that you show up at all with what you have had to deal with post op deserves a medal.

Re your tooth infection, i am really pleased that the antibiotics have done their job. As i said on my thread my dentist was extremely doubtful about dental infections causing implant issues. As you can imagine i grilled him at length about this subject and he is an up-to-date chap.

Wishing you well x

Hey there, @SurreyGirl. It's the weekend and I presume you're enjoying yourself today, on your mini-weekend getaway. I am with @Bionic--save some Sancerre but feel to gobble down all of those (yuck...) oysters. I hope the weather isn't too dreadful so you're able to get out and about, and enjoy yourself thoroughly before the return home to face the workweek on Monday. Enjoy yourself!

Weather is appalling! Really windy and rainy. gilets Jeaunes protests all over France but very interesting atmosphere in the small town I visited. More of this later!

Hip coping well on wet cobbled streets where sadly the French are not too hygienic re their dog mess. But the food and ambiance makes up for it....glad we opted for the tunnel not the ferry.....

Hi, @SurreyGirl--hope all your hobbling over French cobblestones, and avoiding dog poop haven't impacted you too much, and that hip isn't overly stressed and sore this morning as you are presumably back to work now. Sounds like you were dining well, avoiding protesters, and making the most of your weekend getaway. I trust today's work day will go smoothly and quickly and before you know it you'll be home and relaxing in a comfortable chair with your legs up. I have a busy day today, as we retired folks DO have busy days sometimes, and off to run a bunch of errands this morning. Cheers, and welcome home!

@SurreyGirl ...what type of shoes/boots are helping on the cobblestones? Did you use a crutch or cane to keep you from slipping on them? Did the cobblestone-walking make you sore at all?

Have to say walking on ‘sets’ in Manchester yesterday was very uncomfortable. cobbles in northern English talk. It’s the unevenness it’s jarring.

Hope you are having a lovely time and that things have calmed in the streets.
Have a great week my hippy friend!

@lovesstars the shoes are a sort of flat Twain’s called prophets. They have drawstring lacing which fixes with a toggle and a slightly spongy base so ideal for recovering Hippies.

I was only on cobbles for around 20 minutes and used on crutch as things slippery due to rain.

My right knee has started to give me pain which is very annoying but left hip is fine. Just some stiffness if I sit for too long. Trying to ignore the knee but might have to get this looked at in the New Year and take nsaids if I really need to although reluctant to go that route. Frustrating because trying to up the walking to 2 miles a day and lose weight.

Hope everyone is getting on well. It will soon be Christmas :)

Just a thought. Ask your nice physio to look at your knee. Might be a muscle strain which can be massaged out. A little bit of kino tape for a couple of days, some Biofreeze and it might all calm down to its usual state. I had instant relief recently. Worth a try.
:box:

Wow @SurreyGirl! I’m just catching up and glad to hear the worst is over! I enjoyed your Checklist as I’m always wondering when things will pass. So I have 2 more months of sock tool! My OS repeated quite insistently that I take antibiotics for dental work! Could be worse! :eeeuw:

Thanks for that thought @wcgirl .

Another week completed at work with office party on Friday. I made myself go as not keen but actually had a good time. No alcohol as driving. Parking was awful as the town was packed with Christmas shoppers. Took me half an hour to find a space and could not open the door fully so had to twist whilst standing from a low seat. Not good!

Yesterday went to a wine tasting with hubby and friends and STOOd FOR AN HOUR! With just my Leki as support. Pre op i could do barely 10 mins. Hip felt stable but still sore from yesterday’s twist. Then a nice Thai meal with friends.

Got home really tired so decided to have a bath. I had just started on of Anna rice’s novels. Woke up an hour later. Book sopping wet. Grrrgh! It is currently in the airing cupboard. Just as well it wa not my iPad!

I topped up the water and fell asleep again in the bath again. By the time hubby called me I was so relaxed my muscles would not work so was stuck for a bit sitting there wondering how best to get out. Managed it eventually..!

Told hubby about car. He said “you were in a multi-storey”? Yes. “Why didn’t you just put the roof down, stand up and get out of the car?” Doh! I am so stupid sometimes....

Have a good weekend everyone!

I need one of those soaking hot baths.:bath:
The traffic and shoppers around here are already stressing me out too.
Have a few things to get but am dreading it like the plague.

Hope today is a good day, friend.:snows:

Wow, @SurreyGirl, you do have a busy life. I don't like the sound of that twist when getting out of the car. It's something I dread myself.
I have done the book in the bath myself too. There are several crumpled books here :)
Of course I am back on 3 months of restrictions since the 2nd op so no baths for me for a while.

I laughed too about putting the roof down on the car. I used to have a convertible and have needed to do that on occasion.

Have a good Sunday

@SurreyGirl @Mojo333

As ever i need a lie down after one of your updates, good for you living life to the full.

The main reason for my post (and the reason that i have included Mojo) is to ask if you aware of the potential for NSAIDs to inhibit bone post op? I just read a post in which Mojo does not recommend them. Perhaps she will be kind enough to send you the link.

I have no medical knowledge but i just thought that you may want to be aware of the NSAIDs potential side effects. Of course you may be aware already. I hope that your knee gets better soon.

Warmest regards,

Ginny x

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member