Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Thanks @Mojo333 you were such a huge help to me! I don’t come on the forum very often. I feel so grateful that I had the surgery and lost the awful pain. And grateful that I can now see properly after the eye surgery. Aren’t surgeons amazing?!

Yes, and we are amazing too!
We did it.:chuckmarch:

Hey, sweet Gretel, can you believe it's your Eleven Month Anniversary already?
Hope it's a happy, happy one for you. :)
It's wonderful your hips have healed well and of course your eyes too.
Things are looking up! Love and hugs to you. :loveshwr:
@Gretel

Happy One Year Anniversary!
Hoping all is well in your world.
It doesn't seem like an entire year since the Fab Four received their gift of a second chance with shiny new hips. I know it was a bumpy ride at first but hopefully all has leveled out and you're reaping the benefits.
Wishing you a wonderful rest of the year and an even better 2019.
Big hugs!
@Gretel

Thank you @Layla. I’m doing well. My back continues to be a hassle but so much better with two good hips :) :-) (: That year has flown by. I’m very glad I had surgery!

One year...:wowspring:Time flies when you're having fun :)whistle:)
Hope your back gives you a break...my SI joint has issues and I want to see a chiro but don't want anyone mucking up my good hips.
Let me know if you get anything figured?
Have a sweet day and weekend!:friends:

Last edited:
Thanks @Mojo333 sorry you’re still having problems :unsure: I’m seeing the physio regularly and doing strengthening exercises. With the amount of arthritis through my back I think I just need to treat it as kindly as I can. I think aquarobics helps me too as long as I’m careful but I’ve not been for a couple of weeks as we’ve had a relative staying. I got there this morning though :dancy:

Dropping by to say :hi:
Noticed your avatar while posting to Berber7227
I hope all is well at 13 months post op, and that you're finding some relief for your back through water aerobics.
Warm wishes for all the best as you continue moving forward.
@Gretel

Hi my bilateral buddy.
Hope the back is doing better.
I am ready to actively pursue some nagging Ongoing SI pain...not really an issue except when I sit down too long and is more noticeable when I lay down..
So I am going to address with GP at appointment next month and see what he thinks.
Glad Layla pulled you up so I could remember to say :hi:

Hope you have a great weekend !:SUNsmile:

Hi @Layla and @Mojo333 !! Thanks for thinking of me. I’m doing well thanks. I just have to be very careful of my back and never miss my physio exercises. And the pool definitely helps. One of my old dogs isn’t doing well so my heart is very sore. I think we’ll need to say goodbye to her soon. She’s been up and down so it’s been a roller coaster. I hope you guys are doing well. Sorry your back is still miss behaving mojo. Hope you can get it sorted!

One of my old dogs isn’t doing well so my heart is very sore. I think we’ll need to say goodbye to her soon.

Oh no.
My pup (Mojo) celebrated his "Sweet 16" last month
I see his eyes cloudy and he is really slowing down...so I dread when he will no longer with me!
Hugs from the other side of planet earth:console2:

Thanks @Mojo333 . So glad your little one is still doing okay. We made the decision and took her to the vet this morning. She was really struggling and it was time. Lots of tears here :boohoo:

Very sorry, Gretel.
As much as we love and will miss them, we certainly don't want them here under those circumstances.
Sincere sympathies.

I'm happy to read you're doing well, Gretel, and that you've found a way to help ease
your back issues somewhat.

I'm very sorry you're hurting over the loss of your precious dog. It's so difficult to lose the companionship and unconditional love our pets bring. May you be comforted by all the great memories you have of her.
I hope you have a peaceful weekend. :console2:
@Gretel

Sooo....How's Gretel doing fourteen months post op?
Hope all is well since you've last posted.
Leave us an update, we'd love to hear.
Wishing you a great week!
@Gretel

@Gretel I had my first hip replacement on 3 October 2017 and found the practical postings of yourself and your "gang"- @Welshgirl @EmEm and your fourth (so sorry I can't believe I now can't remember her name)!.. so helpful. I didn't think I would ever actually join or post anything- but when I had number 2 hip done recently- and also spoke to friends who were about to have their first- I thought about how much your postings had helped me- and I wanted to see if I could pay on my gratitude. Seeing your name today made me also want to thank you.

The four of you provided so much information in a really matter of fact way about how the surgery was impacting you all- that I felt I wasn't alone. Everyone I know has had their difficulties and challenges- and I really hope you are experiencing a quieter, better time now. But all of the "fab four"- thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Oh thank you @LdnFizz thats lovely of you! I hope you’re doing really well :egypdance:
And thanks @Layla. :flwrysmile:I’m doing pretty well. I still see the physio monthly and do exercises for my back daily. I still can’t stand or walk long distances well but it seems that’s my back and not much else I can do about it. I hope you are well.
I don’t come in here often any more but really appreciate all the support.

:hi: when you do pop by, know I think of you often and wish you all the best with the back issues.
I have some of the same...but much easier to deal with life with good hips.
:roseshwr:

Thanks @Mojo333 I worry about your back with your busy job! Be careful :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom