Information needed about wedge cushions

On Amazon UK it seems you can only buy it as a package with a head pillow and it is over £100. I have sent a mail direct to Lounge Doctor to see if they ship to the UK and what the likely shipping cost would be. I have also ordered some large safety pins to make the pillow stack if necessary.

I used stacked pillows the bonesmart way. Cheaper than the lounge doctor, and no storage issues after use. Everyone is totally different, I only elevated a couple weeks.

I have received a response from my email to Lounge Doctor already. They don't have any suppliers in the U.K., being an online shop only in the US. They do ship to the UK but the shipping cost, according to Amazon is £33.
That just makes it much too dear to think of buying.
@Mutti3 I think I am going to be stacking pillows also.

@Bionic
I did quite well with stacking! And I repurposed those pillows on my other beds!

@Mutti3 Did the pillows stay together? I can only imagine them shifting, even when pinned. The seamstress in me would have to make a giant pillow case for them all to fit in to help keep them together! :heehee:

Yes, they stayed together. I bought cheap pillow cases from Walmart. I also used a pillow sham as the top layer that was not smooth. It was more like a quilted sham.

Pillows worked for me in a pinch. I loved my Lounge Doctor at home, but I spend long hours of most weekends at other houses with the Big Italian Family. I’d just stack pillows then and they worked wonderfully. My then-pregnant niece was thrilled with the pillow stack technique too.

Pins work well, but if you can figure out a seamstress trick or cover to keep yours in place, that would be even better! :idea:

2AA5A661-F0B5-4C45-B50C-579FAF1CCD17.jpeg
This is mine, see the gradual angle upwards?
The one you ordered looks flat across the top, it will give you too much bend and not take your leg continually upward. Maybe if you put a pillow under it so the end where your feet are is raised it will give a better upward angle. But you won’t be comfortable if your leg is totally straight. This one is just like the other one you ordered, even with the trough. I’m not sure you’ll like this one.

I thought you had seen my photo on hegel’s thread.

Last edited:
@Jockette I did see your photo but it's hard to make out subtle bends and rises. Do you have a brand name for yours?
I wish I did have a brand name, but I don’t. I just looked all over my wedge and there’s no tag, no nothing, to tell me what it is. The hospital sent it home with me. I called the hospital recently to ask where I could get one and they said they didn’t know. Maybe they don’t use this one anymore, my surgery was a year and a half ago.

Maybe you’ll like this one you ordered, we are all different.

I really like the trough feature on mine, it keeps my leg in one place all night, so I can’t move around causing unnecessary pain.

If you tap or click my photo it will enlarge and you’ll see it better.

Thanks for looking @Jockette ! I will manage, I'm sure. At least my leg will be on a gradual incline. I can add a pillow. Also, I read the reviews and quite a few were from people who had had knee replacements and they loved it.

I read the reviews and quite a few were from people who had had knee replacements and they loved it.
Oh good! I was afraid I had inadvertently led you astray.

Hi! Jumping in to say hello and share the wedge I've used for 2 TKR and a THR! For knees, I stacked one bed pillow vertically up the slope so that my leg was straight. I am 5’ tall with short legs. Hope this helps! All the best on your surgery and recovery! You CAN do this, just be patient! We leave Saturday for 2 wks in Italy! See, there IS life after TKR/THR!

That is awesome to take a trip before surgery! It will keep your mind occupied and give you lovely things to remember while recovering!

@Mutti3 Did the pillows stay together? I can only imagine them shifting, even when pinned. The seamstress in me would have to make a giant pillow case for them all to fit in to help keep them together!
I used a pillow stack and they did stay together reasonably well. IT was quite comfortable, too.
I've read before of someone who made a cover to hold all three pillows together.

Or you could use giant safety pins (kilt pins) like this:
pinned-pillows-jpg.64272

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018