Surgery delayed....

DblDn65

Country
United States United States
Hello,
My surgery due for August 20th has now been officially delayed until either November or December.
My cardiologist refuses to sign off on surgery until after Nov. 16th. Time to reset and start again.

Dbldn65

Are you relieved or disappointed? It would be hard to get psychologically ready for the surgery and then have it put off for so long. The good news is you won't be shoveling snow this winter.

I am sorry to hear about this as I am sure you are disappointed. My husband struggled with cardiac disease most of his life. What is going to happen on November 16 that will change when the surgery is scheduled?

Well, it's better to be safe so don't feel too badly done by your cardiologist. It's in your best interests, after all.

@DblDn65, I hope you’re doing all right after this disappointment. As everyone says, it’s best to be safe. You’re probably at the point where having your knees replaced is all you want in the world (been there, felt that) and having to put off the surgery feels horridly unfair. Just try to keep in mind that the goal is a safe surgery and a full recovery after. :friends:

Oh wow....that has to be frustrating. I can only imagine. I hope everything is well with your overall health. Financially, I can only hope mine isn't delayed or I start a new round of insurance copays and most likely a new type of insurance (my employer changes insurance coverage every few years and each one gets worse...less coverage and higher copays).

Same here but our company changes every year.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back