TKR Second time lucky for LTKR

Nick-UK

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Back once more

Scheduled for a LTKR on the 23rd Feb which was postponed when they discovered an issue with my blood. This has now been resolved and I am rescheduled for 9th June.

This forum was a wealth of information when I was preparing last time and am optimistic i will be to the post-op forum this time!

I live in Milton Keynes in the UK and am having my op at the Horton Treatment Centre in Banbury

Great to see you again, Nick! :wave: Hope this time's the charm and you have a splendid surgery.

Welcome back,Nick. I'm glad you now have a new surgery date.

Thank you ladies! Its good to be back and am looking forward to finally getting it done, there has been so much deterioration since it was originally due replacement.

All fingers and toes and eyes crossed for a successful recovery! Glad to see you back!

They do surgery on Saturday?

Hi @Eeek They do. They did just panic me though as they just called.

Last time it was to cancel it and this time was to confirm it was proceeding

How are you getting on?

I‘m doing well. Really happy I did this, and looking forward to the next. Took about 11 weeks to hit 100 ROM, but I am riding the stationary bike regularly and walking around. Pain well controlled, probably because I didn‘t do much beyond resting for so long.

I am actually on quite an aggressive schedule to get back to work. I paid someone to cover me last time I was off and still had to pay although they cancelled it. I can't afford to do that again so will be working from home as much as possible from when I get home from hospital but hope to be sedentary at work after a couple of weeks :gaah:

So wonderful you are scheduled again. There have been times when I thought "if Nick was here he could get me to laugh about all of this knee recovery BS". Take very good care of yourself. You are going to do great!

I didn't make the Boston Marathon this past April but I'm scheduled for London and UK Oct 26 - Nov 19. No bad knees to hold me back anymore!

I actually went on a real downer, I was so looking forward to getting it done and then it cancelled at the last minute

I have had a read through and so glad to see you doing well.

I would say to give me a shout when you are over but you have managed to pick the dates I am in Florida, oh the irony!

Hoping everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow! Looking forward to your update.

First up is good. I was first up when I had mine done, going to ask for it again.

First up is the best. You want a fresh team !

So excited for you to get your operation and recovery over with and to be pain-free.
But really, it wasn't necessary for you to travel all the way to US to be able to avoid me when I'm in UK :rofsign:

Hope you get lots of sleep and will be thinking good wishes for you tomorrow

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member