THR BeBe finally!!!

Ah I’m so sorry about the pain in older hip- back on the Aleve and Tylenol. Boy, I remember those days. Crazy how fast a hip can take a turn for the worse isn’t it? I think if you haven’t experienced it, that it’s hard to fathom the pain and shock.

I’m sorry you are in pain, takes away from the new hip joy doesn’t it?

Glad daughter might be moving back! Not too long before you are a double hippie.
And bye bye pain!!!
Hugs,
Kikki

@BeBe.
Wishing you a speedier recovery and hoping you have some peace this weekend. Not much longer to wait for second surgery. I know the month between my surgeries seemed like forever. I was like you. One fixed and one in so much pain I couldn't walk, sleep.

Oh my stars Bebe. I'm so sorry you are struggling.
Let's pray number 2 helps all of it.

Honestly, two months is NOT a full recovery and all that bad walking, leaning, limping, even after surgery on both...I had major aches and goings on.
Keep the faith!:friends:

@Kikki @Mojo333 @REM
For sure I am hoping that hip # 2 helps to solve some issues.
No choice in the matter, it won't get better on its own.
New development on the home front is husband believes PT would help me resolve my
Limping, leaning waddling. He watches me and it is about his concern that the progress is so slow.
Most acquaintances IRL have all the miracle stories of different doctors,
PT routines, etc they share with husband.
My hope is legs that are more equal in length would resolve some of those issues?
Now that second hip is so hot, PT would be futile IMO. Has been in the past.

Living here between a rock and a hard place. Just kinda grumpy about it.
I'm not despondent just grouchy...:bored:

My hope is legs that are more equal in length would resolve some of those issues?
Sounds reasonable...and seriously, Bebe...go check out my two month posts.
No where near great.
Two months is NOT slow for getting okay!
Especially with another bad hip.

Tell him you are speaking to those who know!

@BeBe ....I'm mirroring you! My other hip decided to make its presence felt with a vengeance yesterday and today....now sitting for more than half an hour is painful, and I'm penguin walking again....very disappointing cos I felt almost normal last week! I also have a visiting daughter :loveshwr:......she lives on South Island and I don't see her very often, so I want to make the most of it.....any tips on persuading my girls to move back home? I do miss them....my boys are more needy and much harder work, so I'm happy for them to learn to be independent :wink:

I'll be revisiting my stock of painkillers (been off them for 2 wks :sad:) and will probably nerve myself up next week to phone the surgeon for an op date, so I won't be far behind you! You sound to be having much more pain than me.....I hope it eases back while you wait the 4 wks, and then hopefully neither of them will have anything to whinge about! We'll get this done and dusted for Christmas then there'll be no stopping us :yes!::friends:

I don’t recall you having a surgery date for second hip when I was here last. June 22 is right around the bend. :egypdance:Hope all goes well for you!

I'll bet it all slowly resolves once you have your left one done.
It's coming, BeBe. Just have to hold on a bit longer. I certainly understand your frustration though.
I wish I could blink 6/22 here for you...
Can't wait till you're on the healing side. Then lookout....full steam ahead.
Wonderful news on your daughter too. Things are looking up!
Hugs to you.
@BeBe

@hikejunkie
Hi! Yep June 22. I had scheduled August 17 at my 6 week OS visit but within a week the left hip went from
Bad to intolerable in the next week. Fortunately they had one more opening sooner. How are you fairing on your newest? Hope all is going well.
Thanks @Layla !
Yes we are tickled to have the DD home for a few days. And yes as much as I hate the thought of another surgery
Just cannot push this down the road. No quality of life lately

So glad other hip will be done soon.
It really is miserable feeling miserable...
Hope today is a better day.

ah @BeBe my pain at 8 weeks out was right around yours--minus problems with the other hip and throw in some knee issues. I was still using the cane quite a bit too and still use it sometimes if I get super tired and have had a particularly busy day with school and kids activities.You're not alone. I don't think pt can do much for you at this point until the second hip is done, but who knows. Sending hugs your way.:friends:

Last edited:
I don't think pt can do much for you at this point until the second hip is done
I agree that it will be easier to cut your new and old hip some slack...
ONE MONTH FROM TODAY:ok:

Hope you can have a peaceful, relaxing holiday weekend @BeBe
I feel bad that this recovery is dogged by your other hip.
But very soon that will all change...
Prayers for your comfort as you wait!

@hipster333 @Mojo333 @Layla thank you for the prayers!
You guys are so sweet!
I am hanging in here but I will not fib and say it's going well. Can't believe the fast decline into Pain-Land! There is a lot of pain going on here and I am kinda confined to the ice packs and recliner. Don't really want to start up on narcotics again this close to surgery.
Using cane full time again due to bad left hip. ADL's are a real chore. However I have found I can get in and out of my bathtub once again and even tho doing so is painful the hot water is great for the pain. Trying to figure out how to use ice while I'm in the hot bath...?
I'm checking in and reading on BS but rarely posting because I still have my glitchy computer issues (takes forever to post) and frankly dealing with pain brain makes it all kind of uphill just now. I'm in no shape to go shop for a new computer just now.
I know you guys understand and am very grateful for my BS friends.
Hoping you all are looking forward to a great Memorial Day weekend!

Ditto @BeBe.
Wish we could fast forward to next year.
Hope you have a peaceful evening:yes:

Ahh BeBe....so sorry it has got so painful and limiting for you so quickly.....so disappointing for you when you should be celebrating improvements after the op :boohoo: Makes me feel very unappreciative of my good fortune in NOT having much pain with Leftie! Hope yours goes into remission for the next few weeks (or at least backs off a bit).....not much fun having holiday weekends if you can't enjoy them :sigh: By the way, what is Memorial Weekend?

I'm so sorry you're struggling @BeBe.
I can't wait till this is all behind you.
We'll just talk "at you" and remind you we care, that we're here for you and lifting you in prayer.
You don't need to respond. We've got you covered.
Best wishes for some relief over this long holiday weekend.
Will be thinking of you....

Hi @anny
I'll answer this one for BeBe so she can rest...
Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States
for remembering the people who died while serving in our country's armed forces.
Observed on the last Monday of May.

Hope you're doing well, anny.
A great rest of the week to you!

thanks for the explanation @Layla ....., the Kiwi equivalent is Anzac Day (and Remembrance Sunday in England). Always a very moving day....does us all good to remember both the good and bad things from the past, and sacrifices made. Hope it is a good day for all of you :flwrysmile:

Hi @BeBe
I see you've been out spreading cheer early this morning. I hope that means you're experiencing
a little pain reprieve. Heading into a long weekend. It's going to be a hot one here. Low 90's and muggy too. YUK! Thankful for AC in this type of weather,
Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom