Revision THR How do you think I am doing?<

Hi there :wave:
I hope that you continue to do well and have recovered from polishing floors and mowing grass.
I'm thinking someone (you) did a drive through at the ODIC (Over Did It Club)
Thankfully it sounds short lived.

Wondering if your Physio suggested heel- toe walking for the limp? Heel strikes the ground first followed
by toes. Took me some concentration as my gait was awful leading up to THR but it really helped.
You sound great! May it only get better and better.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@ajr1949

Thanks Layla. Appreciate the point about heel toe. I have physio Monday so will mention that. What I have been doing is pushing the operated leg further forward in the stride and that seems to improve the limp. I am alternating between cane and no cane depending how strong I feel. Realized now it’s a much slower process after 18 months inactivity . Patience is still required til everything falls back into place. How are things going with you and of course your Mom? I will take a look at your thread shortly and catch up . Always good to read your Positive comments. Hope you have a great weekend too. No sign of summer here yet .

Hi there :wave:
I hope that you continue to do well and have recovered from polishing floors and mowing grass.
I'm thinking someone (you) did a drive through at the ODIC (Over Did It Club)
Thankfully it sounds short lived.

Wondering if your Physio suggested heel- toe walking for the limp? Heel strikes the ground first followed
by toes. Took me some concentration as my gait was awful leading up to THR but it really helped.
You sound great! May it only get better and better.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@ajr1949
I agree with Layla...had to realty practice on that AND remind myself to pull butt in and stand straighter.

Hope you have a Good good weekend!:SUNsmile:

Thanks Mojo you too . I will catch up with your thread presently. Thanks again for your encouragement. Appreciated.

@ajr1949, I am happy to hear that you are doing well after your revision. I had a revision of the acetabulum on March 23 and am on 50% weight-bearing with a walker and dislocation precautions. Weight-bearing restrictions are inconvenient (especially when one starts to feel better!) but worth it for a good outcome. I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Thanks so much Gypsy. Very kind. The biggy for me is the lack of pain now . Have a good weekend and good recovery wishes to you .

Hi there, :wave:
Wondering how things are going for you?
Just noticed you're 7 months post op from your revision.
I hope all is going well.
Leave an update, we'd love to hear how you're doing.
Warm wishes for a bright future :SUNsmile:
@ajr1949

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom