Revision THR How do you think I am doing?<

So hope your patience is holding up. You still have several weeks to go?
I know you must be tired of not just getting on with it but I have all ideas this sabbatical will get that hip firmly fixed in there and then you can have a whole new set of little aches as you retrain your gait.
Wishing you a peaceful weekend @ajr1949 !

Hi @ajr1949
Losing that pain is a wonderful feeling. Almost unbelievable at first, at least I felt that way.
Hopefully the next couple of weeks move quickly for you and you'll be on your way.
Wishing you a great Sunday and a peaceful week of continued healing!

Hope today is a Good Day. :SUNsmile:

Wishing you all a great weekend. Still painless .scar healing nicely. Two weeks left til review visit with surgeon and hopefully moving on from toe touch. Hope the recoveries are going smoothly. I hope like me you will all be pain free sometime soon.

Glad you are doing so well. I am pretty much pain free with hips. Last couple of days saw great improvement.

I bet these last two weeks can seem long, but you have done well with the toe touch.

Wishing you a great weekend too! @ajr1949
It sounds as though you're doing well. Great news to read.
Hope the next two weeks pass quickly for you so you're able to graduate from toe touch.
Keep us posted, we'd love to follow your journey!

Last edited:
So finally met up with surgeon. X rays good. He has put in a very long shaft. Two more weeks with crutches and then hopefully sticks and normal walking thereafter . Will start some physio then
So all going well my end. No pain bit of occasional stinging in the scar area. Very happy so far to be pain free after 18 months uncertainty is marvelous. Never give up hope. Listen to your friends on Bonesmart. Things can improve. Thanks all and best wishes to you all for speedy full recoveries

:happydance:Yay for you!
So hoping all is easy peasy here on out.
Glad you got good report and have rid yourself of that all-consuming hip pain.
Onward...:egypdance:

Hi @ajr1949
Wondering if you'll be able to ditch the crutches this week?
So happy you're not suffering pain. It's been a long haul!
Let us know how physio goes. Take it slow and easy.
Hope your week is good!

Hi @air1949 So thankful you are on the way to recovery. spring is nearly hear and I think just seeing some sunshine makes us feel better. Take great carexx

Hope your weekend is sweet @ajr1949 .
So nice to live without debilitating Hip pain!:yahoo:

Ah thanks Mojo you too. Doing pretty well but having to slow myself down for fear of overdoing it. Physio was a set of daily exercises which are working well. I am walking with cane outside and without indoors. Still a slight limp. Overdid it last week polishing wooden floors and lawn mowing. Too much too soon. Muscles all rebelled. Paid for it the day after. Went to theatre last night and was in bad seating position. Must remember the precautions. All in all I am in a great place just have to be patient and build strength slowly. Hope things are good with your recovery . Take care.

Our bodies certainly do let us know when we have done too much.
Usually doesn't hurt until we've already done it.
Ice it up and all will be back on track soon.
Behave...don't want me to be giving you the :no-fin:

Thanks Mojo I will behave surely . Hope things are better for your dad.

@ajr1949, I am happy to hear that you are doing well after your revision. I had a revision of the acetabulum on March 23 and am on 50% weight-bearing with a walker and dislocation precautions. Weight-bearing restrictions are inconvenient (especially when one starts to feel better!) but worth it for a good outcome. I hope your recovery continues to go well!

Hi there :wave:
I hope that you continue to do well and have recovered from polishing floors and mowing grass.
I'm thinking someone (you) did a drive through at the ODIC (Over Did It Club)
Thankfully it sounds short lived.

Wondering if your Physio suggested heel- toe walking for the limp? Heel strikes the ground first followed
by toes. Took me some concentration as my gait was awful leading up to THR but it really helped.
You sound great! May it only get better and better.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
@ajr1949

I agree with Layla...had to realty practice on that AND remind myself to pull butt in and stand straighter.

Hope you have a Good good weekend!:SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks