THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

Thank you to you @Layla and also @GrannyC for your comments. I survived year end at work and moved some heavy boxes yesterday and kind of paying for it today; hehe. Off at Noon and our section is going out for lunch for our year end party. I'm off Fridays now instead of Mondays for the time being. The grandkids are coming tomorrow for a sleepover. Everleigh is 22 months old now and Noah is 7. I'm going to be Gramma again in July; this one is a surprise - not even the parents know if it's a boy or girl and want to keep it that way. I'm able to lift Everleigh and do diaper changes etc.... and have been for a few months now. Her first sleepover wasn't til December and now her and I have bonded. Noah and I are close as well and I intend to keep my grandkids around as much as possible. A couple months after my surgery; my surgeon said to admire the grandkids at a distance and no lifting or having them on my lap. This was one of my goals in recovery was to heal fast enough to be able to care for my grandkids. My scar is a thin red line; doubt it will fade but that's okay; my badge for what I've gone through. Having a hip replacement was the best decision I made; I hobbled around and in pain for many years; especially the last 18 months plus sleep was very difficult. Every movement I would wake up. Now, it's a memory and I'm living pain free. And yes, positive attitude is a must - I strongly believe that Thoughts Become Things. Talk to you all soon. I wish you well. Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,
Hopefully a little rest and maybe even dragging out the old ice packs will help with with the soreness you're feeling.

It sounds like your weekend may begin with lunch today. That's awesome. I hope you have a great time.
It's wonderful to hear you're now able to have both Noah and Everleigh over at the same time. I recall when you couldn't and were longing for the day you were able to have her also. :yay:
Congrats on the new grand baby too. How exciting!

I haven't noticed MAG's around in a few days but she's going to be happy to see your post and read your update. It's wonderful you're doing so well, Cheryl and to hear you're living pain free....the icing on the cake. :egypdance:
Stay in touch and enjoy your overnight with those precious grand babies!
@cpollock

Hi @Layla Yes, I'm very happy that my Everleigh can come for sleepovers now; she is heavy though to pick up and I try to only do that when I have to change her or put her to bed. But she bumps herself and then cries so I have to pick her up then. Mostly she will sit on my lap or beside me though to cuddle. I forgot about the icing; thanks for the reminder. I hope you are doing well. Cheryl

I am well itsi hard to believe itsi been a year.... here it's 40 degrees cooler than last year on this date....Huge hugs sez lady who will have 2 lottery tickets tomorrow @cpollock

Thank you @MyAussieGirl
Nice to hear from you Mags - @MyAussieGirl - my phycho friend - ooops phychic I meant; hehe. I hope you are doing well. I wish you all well. Cheryl

Wonder if Cheryl made a Freudian slip? @MyAussieGirl
We know she's too polite to joke about something like your mental state :rotfl:

This is fun, reminds me of the old nights in the recliner, with my ice pack!

Love you two goofs! :loveshwr:

You are so funny @MyAussieGirl I will be checking my lottery tickets tomorrow. I'm still buying them....
And @Layla who is calling who a goof, hehe
I'm very sore. My feet, low back, my neck from sleeping funny. I was up early - 6 am. Had a shower, did laundry, made a big batch of dough - made ham n cheese buns, stuffed cabbage and onion buns, hot dogs in a bun. I froze them All. On my feet all day.
My balance seems to be off a bit. I took my Mom for a short walk yesterday and felt out of kilter. Do any of you feel unstable at times?
I wish you all well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hugs galore @cpollock by off kilter do you mean dizzy or like one leg feels a bit longer and you don't walk like a penguin but teeny tiny bit do??? IF it's either ...yes...dizzy, low blood sugar or ear issues for me...the ladder turned out to be my one leg IS a tad longer they finally caught that Thursday

Just realised I missed your one year hipversary. Happy belated wishes.:happyfeet:
Hope your absence on the forum means you are back to life and doing well!!:yes:

Cheryl, I missed your hipaversary. Happy belated anniversary. Unsteady? At times. After standing still for a minute or two (usually talking ) when I go to turn to my right, there is some mental disconnect or physical deficit. Something just doesn't work correctly and I temporarily lose my balance. I did that with cup of coffee a couple of weeks ago, and had to clean a spill. Oh well...

Hi Cheryl,
I sure hope you're doing well, living life and enjoying those precious grand babies.
Happy One Year Anniversary!
Sending love and a big hug your way.
@cpollock

Yes, happy hipversary, Cheryl!:yahoo:

Hey, Cheryl
Was just thinking of you today. Gone Again too. Missed wishing you a Happy One Year Anniversary.
Hope you're doing okay. Next time you stop by, leave us an update, I'd love to hear how it's going for you.
Hope you're enjoying the Summer!
@cpollock

I am missing you so I came around....I lost my email address sorry but pm me if you ever come around.... I am hardly ever on but hey.... I am still buying lottery tickets and thinking of you when I see Mr Goodbars :swim:. I am living at the beach

Hi everyone
@Layla - thank you for thinking of me and same with you

@MyAussieGirl I just went on September 28th to my surgeon for a follow up appointment. I had xrays done then went to see him. He said the xrays look great and had me walk down the hallway to the end and back again. He was very happy with me and I don't go back to see him for another year now unless I have an issue.

I did tell him about a little set back I had a month ago. I went to a meeting on the 4th floor of another building and I don't like the particular elevator in the building so I took the stairs. All seemed okay until that evening and I started limping. The next day it really hurt so I had to take Tylenol and used my cane for the day. Day 2 was not much better so continued with the Tylenol then it started improving on day 3 quite a bit.

I told my surgeon this and he said he doesn't even venture up 4 flights of stairs and for me it was just really overdoing it and it caused a flare up with soft tissue. Stairs would be okay he said, just that I'm not used to doing so many and it's the overdoing we all seem to do. So, now when I do stairs I don't go overboard; a flight or 2 or take the elevator. I have to admit I was worried when I resorted to the cane to lessen pain.

Anyways, I couldn't be happier with my hip replacement. It did take til about the 9 month mark for me to really notice that hey, I'm doing awesome. Prior to that point, I had ups and downs here and there and had to take Tylenol for short periods of time here and there. And I used ice if I was in any amount of pain but it seemed to be manageable.

And thank you @Mojo333 for stopping by as well. I hope you are all doing great and I'm proud to be a hippie.

This site is wonderful and @Josephine your guidance is to the point and was so helpful.

I'm sending wonderful thoughts and well wishes to all of you.
Cheryl

Cheryl, It's so nice to hear from you! With our surgeries only 8 days apart I think of you often.
I've wondered how you were doing because I know you did have some ups and downs and were a little discouraged on occasion. But just as we're always reminded, it can take up until a year, or even longer for some. It's wonderful to hear you're feeling positive about your THR experience.
I hope you'll stop by once in awhile to say Hi. It was great to hear from you. I know it will be getting cold and snowy in your part of the world soon, just as it will here. Stay warm, stay safe and I hope you have a blessed holiday season this year. Enjoy those grand babies!
@cpollock

:wave:So glad you popped in for an update!
So good to hear from one of my fellow recovery buddies...those who whine together, stay together:heehee:
Hope all gets better and better, Cheryl.:angel:

@cpollock Just to say thank you so much for blogging your entire recovery and it sounds like you had a lot to cope with on the domestic family side as well as the actual recovery from the hip operation. Full of admiration for your cheerfulness and tenacity. I am glad you reported everything in stages re the numbness, stiffness, nerve pain etc as I am going along very similar recovery lines - slowly but surely.

Your recovery posts have really encouraged me as not all of us are dancing at six weeks!

I hope you have a great rest-of-year and a really good Christmas with the new addition to your family. :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts