THR jackie222 RTHR - recovery

Aww, Jackie
What a wonderful post. Melts my heart. Couldn't happen to a sweeter person.
It's awesome that all is going so well for you.
Thankfully you weathered that fall, whew!
Hope your weekend is perfect.
@Jackie222

Must admit, since the snow, I'm walking my dog much more carefully. Hope you have a great weekend- and try to stay upright @Jackie222!

Hoping you have a great weekend Jackie.
You are doing so well:happydance:
No falling down and going boom allowed however.
I had a fall on to my behind about two months out....scared me silly.
No harm done but put me back to caution mode.
Bet you are excited for vacation.:yes!:

@Jackie222 So glad you're doing so well! Makes me happy to read your posts and think about having an uneventful recovery as well!

Hi @Jackie222
Wondering how our sweet, Jackie is doing....
Has Spring sprung where you live yet?
Not here...still snow on the ground. :tantrum:
Hope you're doing well. Wishing you a great week!

Hi @Layla, we’ve had snow again over the weekend but it’s melting now. I’m struggling with a bad cough and cold which has drained my energy and left me with hardly any voice. New hip is all good, just what I consider to be normal aches etc as it continues to recover. I continue to be very grateful for the relief it has given me.
How are things with you? :flwrysmile:

Sorry about the cold and cough, Jackie. That's no fun.
It's great to hear your hip is doing well.

I'm good, thanks for asking. My 81 yr old mom has her second THR this week.
Should be interesting. I think if I need my other done, I'd like it to happen before that age.
Feel better soon!
@Jackie222

Hi @Layla, we’ve had snow again over the weekend but it’s melting now. I’m struggling with a bad cough and cold which has drained my energy and left me with hardly any voice. New hip is all good, just what I consider to be normal aches etc as it continues to recover. I continue to be very grateful for the relief it has given me.
How are things with you? :flwrysmile:

Hi Jackie. Good to hear you are progressing well. Hope the sniffles have cleared up . Keep up the good work .

My goal is in sight and I’m starting preparing for it this Easter weekend by leaving the nice pavements and moving to walking in the fields (with hiking sticks).
Our churches Rogation walk is on the 7th May. Last year I couldn’t do any of it and got quite depressed, the year before I managed 3 churches (about half way), the year before that I managed all 5.
My goal is to manage the first three this year. This ends at my parish church and then walk down to the farm and have my brother drive us back to the car.
It’s a lovely event with various refreshments at each of the churches on the route. We start with tea and toast, then it’s sausage or bacon rolls, ploughman’s lunch, wine and strawberries, and finally tea and cake with the service to follow.

Oh and perhaps I should also add there are 7 pubs on the route which we can stop off at :rofsign:

Last edited:
Wonderful Jackie! So happy for you. Best of luck for achieving your goals.
:yes!:

Awesome goal. Good for you @Jackie222
That sounds like fun, I want to go! :heehee: Too bad I live an ocean and big chunk of land away :groan:
Hope you gave a great time and a lovely Easter!

What a fun goal! I’d love to come, too! It sounds like you are doing great. Thank you for sharing your goal.

Great goal for May. All you need is fine weather to make a perfect day of it.
just a thought- isn't a walk involving pub stops not a pub crawl by another name? Sounds fun!
:martini::martini::martini:

Hope you're doing well, our sweet Jackie.
Always faithfully and compassionately spreading comfort, cheer and best wishes.
Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week!
@Jackie222

I’m doing great thank you @Layla . Managed a hill walk in the Peak District at the weekend and have been busy in the garden when the weather has been kind. Get a few tweaks and twinges and the other joints complain but really pleased that I had the replacement. How is your mum doing?

Last edited:
Hi Jackie,
Sounds like you've been busy and having fun. You're lucky with the gardening. We still have snow on the ground but it's fading fast. Yahoo!
My mom is doing well. Thanks for asking. She moves a bit slower, being cautious, but she has no complaints. She goes for her one month check up next week already.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@Jackie222

@hackie222, Great to hear you are getting out and about. Gardening- wow- you must be getting some decent weather! We don't seem to be able to shake off the cold, damp or downright rainy stuff at the moment. Hip likely to go rusty at this rate!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom