THR Cpollock Surgery June 19, 2017<

Hi @Layla it's hard to believe we've been in recovery half a year. And thanks for the laugh on your post. I hope you're doing well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hi @Mojo333 I hope your Christmas was great, I'm continuing to heal. I can even lift my 18 month old granddaughter now. That's great progress. I hope you're doing well. All the best to you. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

And all the best to you, Cheryl.
The were so determined and graceful through your tough times which was in inspiration to me when I was struggling.
Hope the New Year brings you much health and happiness.

Happy News Year :wave::loveshwr:. I am sorry you're not well. Same here lol we are peas in a pod. I'd avoid kids till you are very well they pick things up and spread them so easy

No biking this week, ambient temp was -10C this am and wind chill was -20. The temp will be -17C tomorrow am. I did go out and light one firecracker a few minutes ago. It also snowed a little so I'm indoors watching hockey on the tube.

In 18 days you will have 7-months!

Hi Cheryl,
I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I guess it's that time of year. I hope your mom isn't seriously ill...
Having both Everleigh and Noah at the same time is a measure of progress.
I remember back when you were wishing for the day you could handle both at the same time.
I'll bet it tired you out. Kids are like little energizer bunnies :heehee:
Hopefully you feel better soon. Wishing you a peaceful week.
@cpollock

:hi: Cheryl,
Stopping by to say Hi!
Wondering how you're doing? Last time we heard you were feeling a little
under the weather. I hope you're well and back to living life.

Donnarita was wondering about you today. She recently had her other hip done,
is in recovery and doing really well! I'm happy for her.

Stop by and give us an update when you're able. I miss hearing from you!
@cpollock

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl!! Its been a long time!! Just ckin in on you!! Hope mom is do I g better and you are fully recovered from your sickness!! I had 2nd hip done Dec 29th!!2nd time around us much much easier!!hope my knees hold up till next year! Can't wait to get back to gym and pool !!! This will be a great spring!! Also missed out on beach this past summer with first hip...looking forward to the warmth of the sun & hearing the waves crash!!! I hope life is better for you!! The months just go by so fast!! It is amazing to not have to ever feel that pre op pain again!!! As soon as my knees get worse...I will not hesitate to do them....just to live an active pain free life everyday!! We you take care...I am not in here as often either...I check in once in a while...you and Aussiegirl were my original bonies!!- Layla & Mojo are just a blessing to this forum!! They never forget me!! Love&Hugs❤

Hi Cheryl,
Sure hoping all is well with you @cpollock
Miss hearing from you.....it's been awhile.
Hugs to you!

Me three, Cheryl :flwrysmile:
Sure hope you're doing okay.
You've been quiet for awhile....
Hope your week is great!

Hello fellow Bone Smart buddies,
I know it's been a while since I've popped in and an update is long overdue. Next week - April 19th - I will be 10 months Post op. I had my surgery on June 19th, 2017. My life the past while has been quite stressful in the personal areas for quite some time now and finally seem to be coming around some. First off I was so sick - twice.......... A cold/flu thing that took a long time to recover and I missed some work. Then my Mom got really ill just a few days before Xmas so I was running to do the rest of the Xmas prep for her and mine at the same time. Plus I cooked a big meal on Xmas day. My husband was going through something at the time and pretty much locked himself in his shop and I never seen him for 3 weeks. Long story I won't get into here. Then I had a relapse just after Xmas myself and ended up sick again; my Mom was weak but was recovering at that time. Then I started an acting assignment at work that actually just ended last week and I'm now back doing my normal job but it's year end so lots to get done by Wednesday noon when it's cut off. Back to my Mom, in January she became very ill and was admitted to the hospital with bacterial pheumonia. We weren't sure if she'd recover and was in hospital for 10 days. I stayed with my Dad in between trying to go into work and go back and forth to the hospital - which is 40 kilometers away. Finally Mom was well enough to come home but is on oxygen and was so weak and sick yet. Dad has been wonderful and has been doing the laundry, vacuuming etc.... She's been doing more the last while now and seems to be recovering. She goes for a review at the end of April to see if the oxygen can be removed from the home or not. I haven't had time to review any of the posts but will be spending some time shortly to see what's been going on and if I can be helpful to anyone with similar issues I've had in my recovery.

Now for an update on my recovery: When i sit for any length of time I stiffen up and kind of limp a bit when I get up to move. Same in the morning, I will limp a bit. When I seen my orthopeadic surgeon in January; he said I might limp yet for a while and to not be too concerned. He said walking more is a must. Well, we've had so much snow out here that it's next to impossible to walk outside quite yet; maybe in a couple weeks; we just had yet another dump of snow. And more to come on Thursday again; ugh. And living a ways from town I'm not able to go to a mall to walk around either; it's too much after working 10 hours too. Soon, spring will be here and I'm hoping to get in a regular walk routine. I do manage to get between 4 and 6000 steps in a normal day around the house or work. And more if I'm out and about getting groceries or shopping etc. My doctor also said to do 1 exercise specifically as well and that is to stand tall and straight and move my leg out and hold and then back in. Do, this he said til my leg gets tired. So, I can do around 20 of these and then that's enough. I do not have any pain; sometimes to touch if I've over done things. I can dance which is awesome. I can also finally put on my socks; that is a big milestone for me. That happened at about 8 months out. I'm still not able to tie shoes yet, my doctor said it could take a while yet and not to be discouraged and it will happen. I was told that my surgery was very complex and a revision surgery would be very tricky to perform. This was due to severe hip dysplasia I guess. So, I'm hoping that when or if I ever have to have a revision that technology will be even more advanced. My new hip is titanium with a ceramic cup; I never thought to ask that before and wasn't told. I got rid of all my aids now; the last to go was my sock aid. I still use a long handled shoe horn to slip my shoes on or boots. I was told that no running for me; it will wear my hip out fast. I never really cared for running; I love to walk outdoors though. I could run if I had to though; you know if I was being chased - though I'd be caught I'm sure; hehe.

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing awesome. I will come by more often. I wish you all well. Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,
It's so wonderful to hear from you! Was worried about you, didn't know what to think.
You're doing well! It sounds as though you've made great progress since you last communicated.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Thankfully things are improving. That must have been a little scary.
I hope you're feeling at peace and also hoping Gary's RA has settled some. We've missed you!

Please don't be a stranger. I know we can't go back to those crazy days of recovery but we sure had fun with our silliness some nights on MAG's :heehee: thread. Miss those days and get a chuckle when I think back on it. And Dougie...always miles ahead of us. He made me feel like a slacker, lol! Oh the memories.....
Sending a hug a warm wishes for a great week!
@cpollock

It’s so good to hear from you, Cheryl! You’ve been MIA for quite some time. After reading your post, I can see why. Your life has been a roller coaster ride for the past few months but hopefully as spring approaches, things will slow down and improve. I’m glad your mom is doing better. I’m sure you had some scary moments with her.the good news though is that your recovery is going so well. It has been a long road for you but you’ve made it! You are one tough lady and I admire how you’ve gone through so much but still maintained your positive attitude through it all. Take care and stop by when you can. :wave::roseshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member