THR I wanna sleep!<

@Donnarita - wasn't a poster at time of first surgery but just has 2nd (about 7 1/2 months apart). i was worried about whether this recovery would go as well as the first but knowing what to expect and how to deal with the pain and how to figure out the best way for you to recover does make it easier the 2nd time around. You don't have to be told it's temporary, you know. It's like having your 2nd child - you make fewer frantic calls to the pediatrician because you know what is normal.

Double hippy Donnarita.
Maybe for Christmas ?
All done for the New Year!
Hope this one is easier and you will be so happy to finally be hip problem free.:yahoo:

@Donnarita
Wanted to stop by and say Hi!
Less than two weeks until your big day!
It will be so wonderful for you to have surgery behind you, finally losing the hip pain.
I hope you can manage through Christmas without too much misery.
Hang in there, sweet lady....relief is coming.
Wishing you comfort, love and all the best the season has to offer!
:merry christmas: :nativity:

Just stopping by to send you some happy, healing good wishes! I’m sure you will do well. I have only had one done but if I were ever to have a second one, I think it would be helpful to be a bit more aware of what you might expect and that makes it easier to deal with. We will all be here for you to help and encourage as you make it through your recovery!

In the meantime enjoy the holiday season the best you can but don’t overdo. Easier said than done I know!

Thank you @MyAussieGirl & GrannyC for checking in on me!! I am good to go for the 29th!! It has been so painful the holidays. I do them all! I just finished baking for 5 days my Xmas cookies and just had my son come with my 4 month grandbaby and daughter in law and a houseful for dinner to see baby!! Next weekend Xmas eve then put to Pennnsylvania for Xmas to my daughter's! I have been taking tramadol as needed ...my back is bad from walking crooked...but I am so looking forward to the surgery and not having this debilitating pain anymore..and I kind of KNOW what to expect so I am not that nervous..hope you all are doing well and Wishing us all a better 2018!!

@ Layla you are the sweetest person!! The holidays have been painful ugh...last year was in alot pain..so I couldn't wait for this year after Right Hip was done...then boom...left hip ...well I am sure other people are facing worse surgeries...at least I am fixable!!can't wait to be out of this pain!! Hope you Are doing well and have a wonderful holiday To you and your family Layla !!!

Hugs to you, sweet @Donnarita
Sad that you'll be suffering through another Christmas.
Only 12 days to go but unfortunately that doesn't get you through Christmas.
Prayers that you find comfort as you await surgery.
Sending warm wishes for a peaceful week!

Hey @Donnarita
Two days until your big day!
Hopefully you were able to enjoy Christmas without too much pain.
Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and will remember you in prayer.
Sending love and a big hug.....you're going to do great!

Sending you lots of healing hugs...Yay for new hip for 2018.

Thinking of you.
Hope you're feeling calm and focused on the big picture.
Prayers, big hugs and love.....you're going to do great tomorrow @Donnarita
:prayer: :friends: :loveshwr:

TY everyone for your well wishes!!!! 2nd time around!! Cant wait to be on the other side!! I got a taste if no assistance and exercise for not too long..looking forward to rehab and getting back to that life again!! If I do as well as the first hip I will be home in 1 day!! I am scheduled for 11 30 am!!! Love you All!! I will be on with my progress as soon as I can!!!

Hey @Donnarita A flower for you :flwrysmile:
Thinking of you this morning.
Hoping all is going well.
Give us a :thumb: when you're up to it.
Sending love and a hug :loveshwr::friends:

Well my BS friends all went great!!! Surgery was at 12...was in recovery 1 30...I am now home in 24 hours just like other hip!!! This hip feels fantastic!!!!!! It may be because I waited a year for the other one and only 2 months for this one and it wasn't as damaged...so I am cozy in bed icing and elevating and taking my pain meds...I am so happy it's over!! Tx for all of your support!! Here's to a healthy 2018 for all!!!

So glad to hear you're doing well, @Donnarita! Get some rest and take good care of yourself! You've been here before and know the drill - hopefully that makes it easier this time!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft