THR Snickers has a brand new hip!!<

I wanted to let everyone know how much I have appreciated the support and encouragement with this surgery.... you have all made it so much less scary and informative. I am headed back to work tonight and won't be on here as much... but will never go away completely.... Again thank you all!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi there,
I agree. This site is great for support, encouragement, advice and thankfully some laughs.
Great news you're doing so well you're heading back to work. Take things easy.
Wishing you the best and a great weekend too!
@snickers

My hot tub...85 degrees today
rps20171103_080521.jpg

I can't blame you @snickers like goes on but I'mma still gonna miss you being here often. Huge be hugs you did it all kiddo you're a very determined dude :bicycle1:

Ok fellow hipsters I have a question. I have been back to work now a couple of weeks and have found after sitting for an extended time my hip is sore and tight feeling when I get up. In my job there are times it is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the chair for two or three hours. The chair I use is a Herman Miller Arion chair because it breathes well and is completely adjustable. I have kept the back straight up and really watched my posture while sitting but still have that ache when rising.

Does anybody have any tips or tricks to make sitting for long periods not so uncomfortable after hip surgery?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Will be waiting for responses...because I have the same issues...I just have to get up..lean across the desk authoritatively -for no reason...reach over and straighten my desk nameplate...etc.

The chair I use is a Herman Miller Arion chair

Nice Chair. I bought a reproduction one and it's not very good. I keep promising myself the really thing. You've got me thinking again....

I have a memory foam wedge on my chair which helps with posture and gives my backside and hips a nice cushioned feel. I don't think there is much you can do if your sitting for 3 hours straight as your muscles will tighten up regardless of what you sit on. I try to stand up and just straighten my back and have a stretch every 40mins or so. I had to sit in a 2 1/2 hr meeting last week and really knew about it afterwards.

Last edited:
@Mojo333 This is the one I have (Link). I use it in the car too, makes the car seat really comfy. Try and get the extended one as it's a better/larger size.

They laugh at me at work as I carry it everywhere with me. Like that little kid from Peanuts with the towel.

Last edited:
I used a back support cushion when I first returned to work.

The trick is to get up and walk around every 20-30 minutes. I am afraid if you can't do this you are going to be stiff. This will ease. But it is always a challenge for new hippies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back