THR Snickers has a brand new hip!!<

I really do understand. You worked your tail off to get to this surgery, and probably no one will be happier than she is to not have to say "no, not yet".
The patience is worth it...in order to not develop other chronic issues.
Hope they think your incision is healed enough for hot tub.
But risk of infection or slower healing should give you cause for pause.
Or did you have so much fun these last weeks you don't mind them jerking you back in there to fix something you screwed up?:nah:
That's what I had to keep trying myself anyway.
Tough love is what you're getting here Snickers. We want you back to normal too:egypdance:

@Mojo333 you sound exactly like my wife. I will wait.... but I don't have to be happy about it.
No... I didnt have that much fun these past 6 weeks. And no don't want to start over. THAT is the only thing stopping me.

Deep breath......

Waiting is not fun! But I will...... No choice. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your wife sound wonderful.:heehee:

Well, six weeks today. Hip feels stronger and stronger everyday. Still have a little stiffness and soreness but nothing major. Have some thigh pain but I think it is all normal.

I see my OS tomorrow for my 6 week checkup and hoping for a full release.
I will update after the appointment, wish me luck!

Good luck @snickers .
Good job on trying to be patient.
It IS hard. Waiting on good report.

It went great! ALL restrictions lifted, he said I can get in my hot tub...x-rays look good. Don't have to go back for another year! I have a Don joy implant (I guess the manufacturer) it is a ceramic ball and a plastic cup.

Thank you for all of the encouragement and support...you all have been wonderful.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171031_3711f20355cf8e2ee1c67a0be4875595.jpg

Wicked good looking hip.
Happy soaking.
And DONT mess it up!
Wait! You don't go back for a year!
No 6 month check?
That does seem kind-of unusual...maybe no

Congrats on restrictions being lifted. Don't over do it but I get it. I can't sit still either. Just hav to work smart :bath:

Wicked good looking hip.
Happy soaking.
And DONT mess it up!
Wait! You don't go back for a year!
No 6 month check?
That does seem kind-of unusual...maybe no
Yep....doc said as long as I don't have any problems he doesn't want to see me till next Sept. Then every 3 years after that if all is good. On another note... he took and x-ray of my left hip, said probably in a few more years..... dang it! This getting old is not all it was advertised to be.

Wow. That sounds he's admiring his work.
I'm really happy for you.
When you get ready to join MAGS and the rest of the double hippy crew...we will be here to cheer you on.

SO HAPPY my OS said I could soak in my hot tub...... Just got out after a short time and all that stiffness in my hip has melted away... I am one happy camper!

Bragger!
I don't have a hot tub.
Glad you are having a good night.

:wowspring: Congrats my doctor makes all wait 12 weeks I'm jealous but happy for you
He told me to only spend about 10 minutes at a time... but I make sure my water is sanitized so could probably go longer but gonna follow his rule and make sure no infection crops up. I DO Love my soaking when it's cold out!

Hey @snickers I am so happy to hear you got in a soak! One of my first questions to my OS was when can I do a tub bath; he said after you first post op visit and when you feel you can safely get in and out. He has said there are no precautions with this anterior approach. Since I am an old RN I just cannot quite fathom that...
Nothing like a hot soak, just almost cures me

Myaussiegirl... that no 90 degree rule AND no dang pillow between my legs when sleeping.... both are very liberating!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member