THR & Glute Repair

Jona7

Country
United States United States
October 23 is my Left Hip THR & Gluteus Medius Repair!

I am a newbie to this group, so JUST figuring out how this all works. VERY excited for my upcoming surgery. Having surgery out of town and flying out on Wednesday to get there..to another state..in another time zone! Hooray !

Have all my post op goodies in my bags for post op needs ( hopefully). Have a brace ready to wear after the surgery ( 23 hrs a day- for 6-8 weeks ) and less than 20# weight bearing- which is nothing!
Meditation CD packed and ready. Post attitude too...But I'd be lying if I wasn't a tad "scared".

ANY words of wisdom??

My words of wisdom were one that I received actually not in this forum as I didn't check in here until very shortly before I had BTHR. It was from someone who had gone through it though.
He said expect to be kind of hating life for the first weeks, and it is major surgery. But oh my stars, the benefits come very quickly...and I have never regretted the surgery. At 6 months out I am better than I have been in many years.
What causes your tear? Sounds terribly painful and oh my stars the brace for that time is definitely something daunting.
Truth is, it has to be done doesn't it?
We do what we have to do...you sound very brave to me, of course we are anxious about surgery but the results are what matters.
You have found a great place for support and advice. It has been invaluable to my recovery. Josephine is our resident medical expert and I suppose you know you can get folks' attention by putting an @ sign in front of there name to tag them. @Jona7, see how I alerted you.
Best of luck as you go on your journey.

Thank you @Mojo333 . I am actually looking FOWARD to it. ( I keep telling myself that !)
Question : If I use the @ sign, what happens? The message goes to your email? and also gets posted within this forum? Is that right?
BTW: How do you like my Total Eclipse pic? My spouse and I SAW it in its totality Aug. 21. It was awesome!

But I'd be lying if I wasn't a tad "scared".
It's perfectly common for people to range between uncertainty and outright panic. This is a big deal and you will be handing yourself over into the care of total strangers that you will probably not even set eyes on and letting them do things you have no idea about and that is scary. Only crumb of comfort I can offer is that these strangers do this several times a day, every day of the week. Or to put it another way, for you this is a big, unknown and scary deal, for them it's just another day at the office. But you can trust them.

I used to be one of those unseen and unknown people in the OR and I took care of every individual that came into my care just as much as if they had been my own mother or father. They will too because they are professionals and know their job. So the only thing you really have to fear is the unknown and that we can help you with. Read around here and be educated. It will help you greatly.
JUST figuring out how this all works.
You need to pay a visit here How To Use This Forum
If I use the @ sign, what happens?
It sends an alert to the box at the top right hand corner of the page.

upload_2017-10-18_16-55-30.png

I love your avatar pic. It was so cloudy that day in eastern US we got NO view. I was super upset!

@Jona7. Hope you have a super easy weekend...Monday for getting things all fixed up. Yay:tada:

Hi there,
Will be thinking of you tomorrow along with @Hotrod97 and @kattyaz
Hopefully you get some sleep tonite. Surgery will soon be in the rear view
and it will be onto life without that pain you've been suffering. You'll do great!!
Best wishes for all! @Jona7

I am ready to be post surgery. Just a few more hours

@Jona7 You and the others are on my mind and in my heart today. Hope all is uneventful.
See you on the other side...:roseshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom