THR Glad to be in this side<

So glad. We have been getting piles of rain and thunderstorms... Actually had my power out for 3-4 hours last night. The humidity was atrocious... But yep, the weeds like all this rain as do the mosquitos. They are so big this year they may get designated the new state bird!!!:flabber:

Thanks for the cheers about my standing upright. Was trying to find a picture of me last year. I must have managed to avoid having those. I could NOT straighten up so I guess that's why I'm so proud. Also I am guessing that's why all of my muscles... Groin, lower back etc... Are tight and sore trying to retrain to hold me up. (Hope so anyway) This, along with being to sleep for more than just 15 minute fits and starts is truly life changing. Hope you have an easy Sunday.

Hi @GrannyC your Daisey is beautiful, We love big yellow dogs, my nBoyfriends kids have a new labradoodle and her name is Daisey too. I can't wait till I can work in my garden, a bit early yet At only 3 days out but I can see it in my future, before I had to crawl around down on my hands and knees... pretty pathetic, and I would need help to get up, so glad those days will be behind me. Onward and upwards for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Today is 12 weeks postop. I haven't been posting lately as there is nothing new to report. I feel great and really have no complaints other than a couple very, very minor things. For example, I am still working on going up the stairs normally without holding on to a railing. I think my leg is just very weak from not using it so much over the last few years so it will just take some time. However, this is no big deal. I am now pain free and feel like I'm totally recovered although I do realize that inside there is still healing going on. I should probably walk more than I do but I'm on my feet a good portion of the day doing things at home or in the garden. My next dr appt is not until six months postop which will be in Oct.

I have truly been blessed with a very uneventful recovery and the support of all my BS friends sure did help with it all. Thank you so much to everyone and especially Josephine and the administrators who are always here with help when we need it most!!

GrannyC... Me and you are close for surgery dates. I too had good report and am not scheduled for a recheck until October.
Uneventful is not a bad word.
You are a premier example of how surprisingly uneventful recovery can be if we are mindful that we are healing.
I know you have not been without minor issues, but you have been so supportive and inspirational to me.
Thank you for being there for me and others.

Hi @GrannyC,
Just wanted to mention that I love the ideas you used to stay connected to your grandkids. I have 3, two are my daughter's, one is my son's. I see my daughters kids more often than my son's, even though they all live close by. I think it's pretty common. Girls gravitate toward their moms with their children.

I remember the excitement of getting mail as a kid so I'm going to try that idea......it's so cute.
I hope you have a nice weekend!

I am not surprised by your progress @GrannyC I was thinking of you today at the beach on how I am walking less so I spent a half hour kicking my legs under water...more fun and easier. My other hip hurts lots so I've slowed down a bit on walking as I did post OP.....
:yay:

@MyAussieGirl I'm so glad to hear you got back to the beach as I know you love it there. I read all your new posts on your thread and even though you aren't all better, at least you are feeling a bit better. I'm sorry your bad hip is getting worse but it does reinforce your decision to have it done in the fall and probably the sooner, the better so you can still get outside as you heal without worrying about the snow and cold. It's great to read all your posts and I hope you get back to the beach again today.

I am afraid if the doctors can get to the bottom of my bowel issues I can't have surgery. I am frustrated but maybe I can ask Josphine what she thinks? I love reading all your posts Huge hugs

@chuckster it sounds like you have had a good recovery as well. Enjoy your summer!

Granny it's awesome I'm like a new person I'm still cautious but sometimes I even forget I have two new hips! I can walk up stairs without even touching the rails and the pain free aspect is amazing. I walked pain free and cane free to my sons June 16 graduation and I've been teaching tennis all summer. I'm so thankful that I can move around without pain. Still a bit of pain near incisions and I still use the reacher to pick up some stuff but in comparison to a year ago it's like night and day! Let there be light! Bye Bye hip pain oh yea!! Hope you are doing well I know we both were April 27 hippies. God bless everyone here. Happy summer [emoji295]️[emoji1303]

Chuckster

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Thank you @GrannyC for your vote of confidence.
This update for the site has reeked havoc on the forum and I have had a hard time seeing anything and still have no buttons to respond Like, Agree, etc. Hope you are doing well. It will be a long day today as I go to last PT at 8 am but thank goodness the weekend is almost here.:SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom