Signature Error Message

@Thistlebak,
signature 14.jpg

Have been trying to figure out why I could not add this, now I know! Can you please add this signature to my account. Thank you!

Right THR 2nd March, 2015
Psoas release 31st Dec. 2016

I'm having trouble with the 2 step verification. I only have email and I have done that part. Is there a wait time for it to start working. I was trying to add my Profile story. Thanks.

Oh Betsy, I just replied to your Contact Us email! But it seems you succeeded anyway.
Welcome to BoneSmart!

Can you do my signiture for me please?
It should say Right TKR 07/24/2017

thank you

Your signature is already done in the way that we write them all, @JJ65 - RTKR July 24, 2017. You may not be able to see it if you're using a mobile device, but it is there.

Americans are the only ones who write the date in numbers with the month first, as you have - 07/24/2017.
Other parts of the world write it as 24/07/2017.
As BoneSmart is an international site, we write the name of the month, to avoid confusion.

I'm sure you can see how confusion would arise if someone wrote their date as something like 03/07/2017. Would that be March 7th 2017 or 3rd July 2017?

A member has just reported getting the following error message when she tried to post.
Error_message.png

Please ask the user which was the text/post she tried to post. There could be a symbol or word which is being blocked by the firewall

I'll tag the member so hopefully she can clarify where she saw this @zauberflöte .

@todo10 thanks for helping out! I was trying to post on the hip recovery thread called "any kayakers out there?" by Susan 12369. When that didn't work, I moved over to my own thread (link in my signature) and successfully posted some nonsense. Then I went back to Susan's thread, copied the text that had failed, and brought it over to my own thread, where you can see, in the s'cap above, a few words of it behind the error message, unposted. It's not there now, and I seem to remember that it had also disappeared, partially, from Susan's thread, when I returned there a second time. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact wording I used.

Also of note in the screenshot above is the placement, in the post above the error message post, of my signature info. I always see it (and all others' info) offset to the left at the bottom of our posts. As you see, up there it had moved to be centered.

Let me know if I can help more! chris

At least one other Forum Adviser has had some staff privileges removed (SusieShoes).

The buttons for Like, Agree, Funny etc are now missing from the bottom, right of each post.

I have tried changing the skin when I view BoneSmart - it makes no difference.
I have tried logging out and logging back in again - no difference.
I have flushed my DNS cache - no difference.

Apparently, I can perform some moderator actions, but I am shut out of all the staff areas. They
don't even appear on my screen.

The last listing on my screen is this:
Capture99.JPG

Apart from the Bugs, Errors and Techy Questions, there is nothing listed if I go to the other headings:
Capture100.JPG

I can see threads listed in the Bugs Etc area,
Capture101.JPG

but when I try to access a thread, I get this message:
Capture102.JPG

So I have to start a new thread every time.

If I'm the only one having these problems, I will continue trying to find a solution from my end.
If everyone is having similar problems, I hope that my posts and screen capture images help to identify them.

I'd really like to regain full staff privileges asap - I feel shunned! :heehee:

I just had a conversation (PM) with Jo about this. I wasn't seeing any staff area but logged out and closed my browser then logged back in. Try that as Jo has just reset all the mod access.

I find I don't see any of the staff areas unless I am in a thread in a staff only area. Everything is a bit goofy post whatever they changed yesterday.

Member sent me this PM:

Are their issues on the forum? I am trying access my thread and I get a message saying I have insufficient privileges ? Can't post on other threads either...

thanks, Phoenixx29

Other members are also having this issue.

Member sent me this PM:

Are their issues on the forum? I am trying access my thread and I get a message saying I have insufficient privileges ? Can't post on other threads either...

thanks, Phoenixx29

Other members are also having this issue.
Had the same issue and have resolved it. Please let me know if other member is experiencing same issue

I've been working on permissions today, sorry for all troubles! Please check now and let me know if you are still having issues

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom