Recent content by zjrog

  1. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    I seem to have been lucky to get my RTKR in before the new spike in cases here in Utah... Which I'm sure will affect moving forward with my ankle anytime soon. I did see my PT yesterday, I'm going to keep going until insurance says no more. Maybe I like the abuse... But still at the same 138...
  2. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    My job's Occupational Health people cleared me to return to work. And, unless I have any issues, no need to go back. A significant change from my LTKR 10 years ago, where they had me come back for 3 monthly appointments... The doctor did have me walk around the building with him, do some...
  3. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    I'm only doing what it lets me. Seriously.
  4. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    I know the saying, "pictures or it didn't happen!" RTKR was 6 weeks ago in 2 more days. I know how hard I pushed 10 years ago with my left knee. I'm not pushing like that at all. I have a sincere hope that everyone can reach their own goals in their right time. .
  5. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Surgeon cleared me for return to work today. Monday is 6 weeks. PT beat me up as usual. But I got to 138 today. No more 3 times a week PT, just Fridays from here till insurance says enough. I've said before, the difference in surgical technique in 10 years is a huge difference for me at least...
  6. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Simple post today. LTKR is 10 years old today! RTKR is 5 weeks old tomorrow. ROM is 135. Working on strength on climbing and descending stairs. I look forward to not needing to hold on to handrails again. I finally hung my TV today. I've added resistance back into my bicycle trainer. Time...
  7. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    So, in a Facebook Knee Replacement Group, Facebook removed my above photo showing my healing knee. Reason? They feared I was bragging about harming myself. And offered various suicidal related websites and phone numbers... Absolutely absurd.
  8. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    I'm seriously concerned my PT may get cut short. I hit 132 today. Weird....
  9. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    My apologies for my shorts pulled up so high, but it sure is nice to see that right leg straight again.
  10. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Until I get to return to work, I'm doing therapy 3 times a week. I swear, I'm taking it easy. I'm not pushing. But I'm getting more bend quicker than my 10 year old knee. MyvPT is certain it is my cycling since my weight loss of 140 pounds. Otherwise, he has no answers. In a very very...
  11. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Today in PT, I was measured at 125. I'm only 3 weeks post op today. It took me 6 weeks for my first knee. Therapist pushed my seat on the recumbent bike far enough forward I couldn't get a revolution. But. After 5 minutes I was very close. After my 125 measure, I pushed a bit too hard, and felt...
  12. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    I get it. This is my second time around. I was off work 5 weeks then. 9 months after my first knee, I broke my back in a cycling accident. I was off work for 8 weeks. Earlier this year I was off work for 3 1/2 months. I was going stir crazy... And I know when I get to my ankle fusion or...
  13. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Sure seems to be. So far.
  14. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Believe me, I'm a very happy camper. But know, tomorrow starts a new regimen. I remember what a hateful little device this was 10 years ago. I was 3 weeks before I got all around. But today, it was, dare I say, EASY! And as much as I hated the CPM machine last time, I keep turning it up. I...
  15. zjrog

    TKR Zjrogs Recovery Story 2020

    Dr. cleared me to drive, with med restrictions of course. He was very happy with current ROM, though it wasn't measured. We will talk about going back to work in 3 weeks though. My PT is anxious to get his hands on me, so to speak. He has new things he wants me to try before incorporating...
Back
Top Bottom