Recent content by Scaredycat10

  1. S

    TKR RTKR and driving

    Thank you. I posted in the recovery as I wanted advice from those who had had a RTKR but thank you for answering. I can't recall how long it took my leg to be in the position I would need my right one to be in which is why I have asked. Time blurs the memory especially as I had a 'good op'...
  2. S

    TKR RTKR and driving

    I am probably going to have to have a RTKR sometime soon but as I'm the main carer for my husband [I move him bed to wheelchair with a Molift sit to stand platform which needs a bit of strength and my foot on it to balance as he rises] and I also use a gait belt to get him into his power chair...
  3. S

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning How to identify pain

    Excellent news on your pain front UnluckySkier, but unfortunately, my husband's issues have nothing to do with the mended hip and all to do with the MS progression. Basically, I just wanted ti illustrate how a hip replacement can heal without concentrated physio therapy. The only main thing he...
  4. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Thought I might just update. I am still having hamstring problems but not enough to worry about. The new knee is fine although I am happy to have around 95/100 degree of bend due to the hamstring issue. I still push the car seat back to enter and exit car; I still go upstairs with no thought...
  5. S

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning How to identify pain

    Sorry, I don't look in very often now as my experience was a TKR and I'm more or less OK now. Pain. Most of my husband's pain comes from muscle spasms which have nothing to do with the procedure. All pain from the op has gone and bearing in mind, apart from the 12 week sitting protocols, he has...
  6. S

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning How to identify pain

    UnluckySkier Admin said BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best...
  7. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Been to the physio. She reckons I've dodged the bullet and it is as you guys said, a soft tissue issue.. She massaged the area gently and already, the stiffness has dissipated a bit, I suppose with the fluid being re arranged around the joint. The cottage cheese cartons [full of water, not...
  8. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Oh thank you for this. I have got my ice machine out of hibernation but of course, didn't have enough ice to make it worthwhile so now have loads of ice and no frozen peas. Well I have but both bags now have 'ice pack' written on them do not eat!! :heehee: By the way, it was my carelessness...
  9. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Catalien45 Sorry not to reply to your Oct 5th post. I'm afraid life caught the better of me when my husband fell and broke his hip. Six weeks in hospital and a very slow rehab. I was told he might never walk again. Well I put my Rottweiler hat on and with the wonderful help from our adult rehab...
  10. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Jaycey Thank you
  11. S

    TKR Falling after TKR

    I fell yesterday 19mths post very successful LTKR surgery. I tripped over the hosepipe. Luckily, I had a hoe in my hand and that definitely helped break the fall. I couldn't get up but again, luckily, some chaps working on a house up the road saw me and got me up [definitely a few beers...
  12. S

    TKR HaylingIslander Recovery Thread

    To the 'newbies on this thread. My TKR was almost 18mths ago and when folk said it was an ongoing recovery for a year or two, I thought 'yeah, right'. Well they WERE right and I am still improving. I had a 'good' op. in as far as it was fairly pain free [I religiously took my meds on the dot]...
  13. S

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Advice required on behalf of a part wheelchair MS user after a hemi hip

    Thank you Layla, I have read the posts you linked to but unfortunately, no one was starting from the same very low mobility base my husband was. That of course doesn't mean they won't be helpful going on so I will keep them bookmarked. djk Yes, he has his device with him but it hasn't been...
  14. S

    Hemi-Arthroplasty Advice required on behalf of a part wheelchair MS user after a hemi hip

    I had a new knee a year ago so I am au fait with the wonderful advice on this forum, although I was on the Knee forum. My husband has Secondary Progressive MS and had a fall ten days ago and had a hemi-arthroplasty ten days ago. Prior to the fall, he managed to shuffle a bit with the aid of his...
  15. S

    TKR Recovery Gone Wrong?

    I have a roller but can't use it on the floor as I'd never get up without a hoist. Any tips from non floor users of a roller for IT band? Thanks
Back
Top Bottom