Recent content by mlwreader

  1. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Mamamoe's Recovery Thread

    Hi I had bilateral knee surgery over two years ago. I second what everyone is saying about ROM and exercises. Sometimes if the PT is too much, it can cause additional swelling. I did not do much PT at all, for a couple of reasons. First of all I had very persistent and annoying skin issues post...
  2. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Just a quick note that I did see my Denver ortho doctor yesterday, and he said my X-rays show excellent results at 2 years. I told him about my sometimes difficulty re: my right knee. We discussed the intensity of the occasional discomfort (about 2 - 3) and that it really did not affect much in...
  3. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    @Tanya Great that you have two surgeons lined up - I consulted two before I decided as well. However, I had my surgery in CA at Scripps LaJolla, because I was living in SoCal at the time. I have since relocated to Denver, and I have consulted with Dr. Ted Parks for my one year exam. Dr. Parks...
  4. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    @lisabl Interesting - Too late for this trip (I leave tomorrow) but the summer is young! Thank you for the suggestion. @Irish471 That's what I love about this board - I can always find someone who gets it! Just looked at your list of surgeries - you've had a few. :elevate: I hope things are...
  5. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Me too @Jockette but then that nasty fungus showed up one day, and that was it for me. Except this week I thought I'd try again because of going to CA, but I just don't think it is worth it. Because of my knees, but also because I don't want to get another nasty, disgusting fungus nail again...
  6. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Hi @Jockette Hi @sistersinhim I am just not going to do it. Its not worth it and I agree that I can apply a little polish on my own. So I went to the store and there were some new kinds of polish identified as gel? Oh please, this is getting so complicated. I think I'm just going to cut and...
  7. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Good Saturday morning. I am having angst about something, and hope to get some input. I am wondering if it is safe to get a pedicure. Here's the deal. In the past (before my surgeries) I contracted toenail fungus from a pedicure facility, where I had been going on a regular basis. It has taken...
  8. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    That is wonderful news @Jockette. Happy to hear it!:happydance:
  9. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    In case anyone is thinking the recovery from knee replacement stops at the end of year one, I can report so much improvement in my balance, gait, strength and stamina, now that the weather is nicer and getting outside is so much easier. I went to my granddaughters' soccer games yesterday...
  10. mlwreader

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    You have been a blessing to all of us. xxoo
  11. mlwreader

    Revision TKR Multiple Knee Replacements

    @Momma-me I am quite a bit older than you and am on Medicare. I was scheduled for a right knee replacement when my left knee "blew up". After an MRI of the left knee, my ortho said there was arthritis but also I still had some cartilage. He gave me a shot and refused to do a bilateral. I...
  12. mlwreader

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    So impressed with the attitude of this latest second opinion doc, Jockette. How wonderful to be listened to and HEARD. :loveshwr: I think your idea to see your husband's neurologist is spot on. You have been such a trooper with all of your challenges with that darn knee. :flwrysmile:
  13. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Hello bonesmart peeps: I am just about at the 18 month mark and want to check in and report my status. I feel like I am doing great! I would not say my knees are back to pre-arthritis condition, but they certainly work very well, and I hardly ever think about them. I do not regret having both...
  14. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    @SherrieT Great to hear from you! I agree as time goes by I spend much less time on the board, which is mostly what is to be expected. We heal, we get back into life. Wonderful trip you are on. So happy for you. Some rambling thoughts on recovery from this grateful and mostly contented post...
  15. mlwreader

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    Thank you @Pumpkln. @Cementless - Interesting about your scar tissue. If I have it, its not causing enough problem to warrant any further work on my knee, thank goodness, and so I will not pursue a solution until the situation with the right knee gets to be a problem. I notice that I only need...
Back
Top Bottom