Recent content by Lucy4

  1. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Well, I’m a few days from my 1 year anniversary and my hip feels like it’s mine. I don’t think about it and am doing anything I want! My left hip is starting to be a pain, but worst case, we do the same thing on that side. I have no regrets at all about the replacement! Thank you again for...
  2. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Hello! I’m doing great! After having nagging muscle pain that just didn’t seem right, I saw my surgeon. Found out that in order to even out my legs, my hip had to be put in 3 cms out further. Once I got the right stretch, that has gone away. I’m finally feeling like the hip belongs to me...
  3. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I was able to make this 10 hour drive yesterday with NO pain/soreness and no after effects! I stopped every 1.5 hours and did a quick stretch and then back on the road. I had forgotten that my pain memory on this trip was from PRE surgery. What a joy to drive painlessly! What a miracle...
  4. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I have been having a lot of muscle stiffness and pain that didn’t seem right. I self referred to a PT and hit the jackpot. She was great and nothing I was uncomfortable with - thank goodness! What I wanted to share was the needling she did. It worked miracles with my mobility. I’m going...
  5. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    @cstinchcomb Thank you, I’m planning on taking ice for the drive. I appreciate your update and I feel better, we make this drive typically 4-5 times a year and while I get antsy , I’m fine. I also bought a gel seat to see if that helps. I am worried more about covid and stops etc but I...
  6. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Thank you for checking! I’m doing well! I can do stairs fairly easily, but still do the old way when my hip has had enough that day! I am walking without a crutch most of the time but still use it when I’m tired or did a bit too much. My favorite moment was walking with my husband and...
  7. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Sounds good,! Thank you!
  8. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    At 6.5 weeks post op, I feel like I’m doing well and certainly am not complaining. I wake every morning with achey sore muscles down the side and back of my thigh, it also can pop up anytime during the day as well. I sleep with a good body pillow that supports my hip to ankle in the right...
  9. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Thank you! I’m going to back off stairs for now and get pain free. Then start with baby steps.
  10. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I need advice on doing stairs the “regular” way. I can go downstairs just fine now. I overdid it going up the stairs and after healing back up, tried 2 stairs. It’s still kicking my muscles. Any advice? Too soon? I’m 6 weeks today.
  11. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I had my first and only post op appointment and was released! Next appointment in a year. I’m off restrictions with the warning of be smart. I can do that! Walking without a crutch around the house, I use a crutch out still. I finally get to sleep on my sides but wasn’t as amazping as I’d...
  12. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Officially 4 weeks post op! What a difference between 3 and 4 weeks for me. It’s seems like all of the sudden, less aches and pains. The weirdest thing is that going down the stairs today, I found myself going down “normally”. I stopped and did my normal shuffle down the stairs, but...
  13. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I’ve been taking Tylenol and resting a bit more. I’m doing 100% better! I also used Magnesium last night and slept much better!
  14. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    Thank you! I needed to hear that. It’s so hard to remember that 3 weeks is early in hip replacement. You are the best.
  15. L

    THR RTHR recovery thread - posterior approach

    I’m just over 3 weeks post op and in general doing very well. Was discharged from PT as I passed all my milestones. But (and isn’t there always a but?) my right leg (operated side) muscles and knee are more sore than ever and I have a bit of groin pain on walking. I can walk between 5-10...
Back
Top Bottom