Recent content by klinkmcbear

  1. K

    TKR Getting back to hiking and climbing.

    I followed Bonesmart quite a bit for a while after my first TKA in 5/2019, but not much since. I struggled with that rehab big-time, and am still not where I want to be, but WAY better than I was. (Took about 9 months to get past 90 degrees - I'm now around 135). I am now almost 5 months...
  2. K

    TKR 4th week major backslide?<

    @plaidwndr - how did things work out with your popliteus issues? Did you have surgery either to shave down the osteophyte, or release the pop tendon? I've recently had a couple of steroid injections to that area and it does seem to be helping - would like to avoid a 5th knee surgery. How are...
  3. K

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    @Mrs. Ciz , what ended up happening. I've been working on the assumption that my pain is from my popliteus. I've recently had a couple of steroid injections to that area and it does seem to be helping - would like to avoid a 5th knee surgery. How are things going for you and your behind the knee...
  4. K

    TKR Pain in back of knee

    @tylermit - How are you doing now with the pain from your popliteus? Did you end up having surgery - did they do a release? I've recently had a couple of steroid shots in the popliteus, and my pain in that area does seem to be improving. Any info on your condition and what you've done would be...
  5. K

    TKR A Tale of Two Knees - RTKR May 4th, 2021

    It's just under 2 years since I last posted. I think I stopped posting about my right knee replacement because I had so many issues, and posting about it made me feel worse instead of better. Two years later, I am still working on it, and the list of different tests, procedures, and modalities...
  6. K

    TKR Kathleen's LTKR done May 14, 2019

    It's just under 2 years since I last posted. I think I stopped posting about my right knee replacement because I had so many issues, and posting about it made me feel worse instead of better. Two years later, I am still working on it, and the list of different tests, procedures, and modalities...
  7. K

    TKR Rockgirl4's Recovery---already full of surprises.

    Thanks @Rockgirl4 - this is promising. My anti-inflamatory is Celebrex. Here's hoping the inflammation will chill out in the next several days like it did for you!!
  8. K

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    That's crazy that you could ride a real bike already. You've got to be really psyched!!
  9. K

    TKR Rockgirl4's Recovery---already full of surprises.

    Such great news all around!! Do you think the anti-inflammatory was a big part of your progress? I ran out of mine, and my stomach was in such distress, so I stopped taking it for almost a week. This past week I feel like progress with my knee has stalled and maybe even gone backwards, and I...
  10. K

    TKR knee stiffness two years post-op

    @cathyn518 - I live in upstate New York, in the 518 too. Regarding getting some pain medications, I know someone suggested a pain management doctor, which sounds like a good idea. Another thought is that maybe your primary care physician could prescribe you something. When I was having my...
  11. K

    TKR Flexion concerns

    @bertschb thank you so much for posting your flexion numbers. This is really encouraging. I keep reading to not worry about flexion, but seeing where you were and where you ultimately ended up is just what I need to keep my hopes up. I keep saying I don't care how long it takes as long as I know...
  12. K

    TKR Pickleball?

    @ladygolfer , I'm only 6 weeks out, so haven't resumed pickleball yet, but I am itching to get back at it..... It will be a while :bawl: I know that some of the people I play with have had tkr - but I can't tell you how long after surgery they started. None of them wear kneepads, but if that...
  13. K

    TKR Kathleen's LTKR done May 14, 2019

    I know a lot of us are at a point that we're worried about our flexion. The advice is mostly not to worry.... I wish it was as easy as that, because I'm sure that's probably great advice. As much as I try not to be, I'm a worrier and an over-analyzer, and a pusher - couple all that with the...
  14. K

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    A full revolution and painlessly to 100 - that's awesome news!
  15. K

    TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

    @winemama , I truly feel your pain of trying to figure out the proper approach to this whole recovery thing, and just what is the "perfect level" of rehabbing but not pushing too much. I'm about 5 1/2 weeks out, and I've been struggling with this so much myself. I've always been a very grey...
Back
Top Bottom