Recent content by Helizabug

  1. Helizabug

    TKR Skiing post TKR

    Such an expensive, extensive surgery and recovery makes me nervous about blowing it all out on one hill. But, I’m not going to lie, I’d love to do a little skiing. Four months seems soon, though. I have a feeling my insurance company would disown me if I skied at this point.
  2. Helizabug

    MUA Done in Time for the Carolina Basketball Game!

    I’m trying a trauma release physical therapy thing tonight. I’m hoping to find a ‘short cut’ to better extension, though a short cut through all of the trauma to my knee over the past decades doesn’t really seem so ‘short.’ We’ll see how it goes.
  3. Helizabug

    TKR April no fooling

    Yup! Stick with us. BoneSmart is really helpful for getting through tough times and celebrating big and small good things. I am seeing someone tonight who works on releasing trauma for healing. I am not sure why this is a real thing, but people seem to get relief from it. I did just read a...
  4. Helizabug

    TKR TKR problems after 6 years

    Argh! The thing about an “I Told You So” is “So What?” That was ‘then,’ and a lot has happened to get to ‘now.’ And if Mr. G. was right then thank goodness you get to see such a wise doctor. I mean, you could spin it that way, right?
  5. Helizabug

    TKR Hello and thanks

    And, I’d like to add, that it feels like forever when you’re going through it. Time just drags its feet when you’re suffering. I found it helpful to create some ‘rituals’ to help the time pass. I did my gentle Tai Chi warm ups and sit ups. It took an hour because slow is the aim, and I felt more...
  6. Helizabug

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    @Qdogpa sounds like you know what to do. I’m impressed that you’re working on the down step. I believe that is the hardest thing to get back. Learning how to progress without overdoing it is quite hard. Keep at it, all of it, the effort to progress and the effort to progress wisely.
  7. Helizabug

    TKR MUA scheduled for Monday

    Listen to Jockette and the others (who posted while I was composing this :tada: ) At four or five weeks and with 105 degrees of flexion, what is the MUA supposed to do for someone, especially if he has been dealing with a high level of pain? I would ask that question. I just had an MUA about...
  8. Helizabug

    Bilateral PKR Di's Double Replacement Recovery

    Maybe rest a little more, ice and elevate a little more? Take that pain as a signal? Also, I was able to help my pain with Ibuprofen staggered with acetaminophen. The ibuprofen doesn’t kill pain but it works on the swelling and inflammation that triggers the pain. Check with your doctor to see...
  9. Helizabug

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    You are as far along as you need to be. This surgery is tough on our knees and our whole bodies. Even though you planned well, you can’t out-plan your body’s natural healing process. Take pride in where you are and how well prepared you are! And take care of you and your knees.
  10. Helizabug

    TKR New knee Feb 5

    Swelling, all by itself, will set you back for a bit. Pain will too. But you’ll move forward again. you’re just a few weeks out, and everything in your knee is still volatile. Stick with the ice and elevation and gentle work with that knee.
  11. Helizabug

    PKR Boredom, self-pity, pain and frustration

    Are you seeing your surgeon before you decide to head for France? They should be able to talk with you about the pain you’re having. A month out, it is likely that it’s normal, but hearing that should be helpful. Makes me want to ask how Brexit will affect your health care while spending time...
  12. Helizabug

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    Me too! It just feels so great when we start the great idea!
  13. Helizabug

    TKR Finally in recovery

    Why no meds since 12 pm? I hope you keep asking for help with the pain. Also, are you trying to keep your leg straight? If you are, that is likely to be adding to your pain. Your PT and nurses might say otherwise, but it’s probably okay to allow a slight bend. Fully straight is excruciatingly...
  14. Helizabug

    TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

    I really wish we could take a break from the recovery for a few hours, at least, like a blast into the future when we’re feeling stronger than ever and able to do something that was painful before the surgery. The debilitation can be relentless in these first months. Visualizing better days...
  15. Helizabug

    TKR Assigned PT exercises and sharp pain – told to just work through it…….

    I think you posed an important question. Thanks for giving me a place to think about it.
Back
Top Bottom