Abnormal EKG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherdonnay

Country
United States United States
My R THR is scheduled for March 7th. Coming up soon. I had my pre op ekg tests done last week. The ekg had something abnormal on it. Now I have a nuclear stress test on this Monday. I'm glad they are doing the best to keep me safe but it will be a let down if I have to cancel because we all know we invest a lot emotionally to get prepared for this THR. I totally want my safety first but to think I might end up with a different kind of surgery to fix my heart instead of my hip, will be a downer. I do trust in my Lord to take care of me. He knows what is best.
Has this happened to anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@Cherdonnay so sorry you are going through the added stress of abnormal test results. As you say - it's good they are checking everything before you go through major surgery. An abnormal EKG does not necessarily mean you will need any heart procedure. But let's wait and see the results on Monday. At least you do have time between now and your up date.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!

Sending positive thoughts your way so that the results of the scan on Monday do not require you to postpone your hip surgery and something just funky on the ekg but not real. :console2:

A great number of patients get these alarms but more often than not they turn out to be false positives.
But much better to be scanned than risk going under an anaesthetic not knowing!

Jo's right. Please try not to worry about this. I know that's easier said than done. I hope things turn out okay.

Sending you positive vibes too, I hope you ace that stress test :)

As the others have said it is possible for an EKG to show a problem when there might not be one there at all. It's better having the stress test as that will give the doctors a true picture of your heart's health. Sending prayers that your test shows no problems.

Your post made me remember that I had an abnormal EKG over 10 years ago. I had it checked out and the Cardiologist said it was not hing to worry about. The squiggle that the EKG machine doesn't like is still there.
I'm going to get on top of this before the pre-op check and seek a Cardiologists opinion.
I hope that yours turns out to be a non-issue and your surgery occurs as planned.

Your post made me remember that I had an abnormal EKG over 10 years ago. I had it checked out and the Cardiologist said it was not hing to worry about. The squiggle that the EKG machine doesn't like is still there.
I'm going to get on top of this before the pre-op check and seek a Cardiologists opinion.
I hope that yours turns out to be a non-issue and your surgery occurs as planned.

And...I'm right there with you. Saw a Cardiologist yesterday. My old records from the previous doctor were purged because they were over 10 years old. I got read a riot act about my risk factors for surgery and post surgery complications ( diabetes, high blood pressure, obese bmi ). He put me on a second medication for blood pressure. I have a Nuclear Medicine Stress test and Cardiac Echo study scheduled for next week.

Grapefruit and a raw red pepper for dinner tonight.

I'm feeling really scared tonight and wish I had taken better care of myself over the years.

@carolm. Best wishes on your stress test. We just want it all to be safe. I said it just want to fix whatever needs fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I had my nuclear stress test on Monday and got the results back yesterday(Tuesday) afternoon. All is well and I now have been cleared for my RTHR on March 7.
I guess the reality of it all is setting in and the date is now coming up quickly. I have all of a sudden become nervous. On top of that, my hip quit hurting the last three days. No pain Ned's either??? Has anyone had that happen?

So glad you got good results,Cherdonnay. Full steam ahead now for your hip!

@Delphi. It is great news but nerves are now getting in the way. Wishing you the best

So glad that your stress test was OK and you can proceed with the hip surgery. Just think once you have the new hip you can even do a better job in taking care of yourself without pain and able to move and walk. Walking is the best exercise for anything and everything.

@carolm. Best wishes on your stress test. We just want it all to be safe. I said it just want to fix whatever needs fixed.

Thank you Cherdonnay. Glad to hear you are cleared for surgery.

Had the Nuclear Stress Test and Echo yesterday.

Got clearance to proceed with surgery from the heart doctor. My risk grade is "Intermediate". (Maybe that's the Cardiology equivalent of a B minus?) .

The hospital and doctor's office are burning up my phone with messages about my out of pocket charges not covered by insurance that have to be paid upfront.

And the calendar turns to March.

I feel like I've climbed a ladder to the top of the sliding board and am sitting the flat part looking down and wondering if the ground below is muddy.

Great news! Yes, those hips somehow try and trick you those last few days...don't second guess...that pain comes back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member