Airport security screening - forum discussion

Re: Airport Security Screening

Well an apology but you know it will hppen to someone else......thats still not right.......why couldnt they have vked it in front of you.........

Mud....I knew the first time you wrote about the wallet, that it was a real infraction! Don't you usually place your wallet in the bins provided? Or put it in your brief case or carryon!!!! (:)0). Traveling. Has become a real hassle!!! (:)0

What - not even a free cup of coffee by way of compensation? What cheapos!

No! But the looks we gibe THEM are priceless, Jo!!! ((;0)

Gee, Mud....at least they answered your complaint. I'm actually kind of surprised you heard anything...much less got an apology. Wonder what would have happened if you had asked to see the manager on duty when they removed your wallet......

Just don't do like a friend did when she was traveling home from Los Angeles.
Her husband told me the story--he went through first and either his hip or BTLR sent it off. So while he was waiting his wife went through--BTLR. Sure enough they told her to have a seat while they found a female TSA. One was found and sure enough she patted my friend down. Her husband says he told people standing by, who knew they were traveling together, that she was insane. He said it was the only possible explanation for her actions. See when the TSA started to pat her down my friend started going "oooh, ooooh. Nope a little lower. Ahhhhhhh that's the spot--harder, harder". After the red faced agent walked away--her comment to the people standing around was "I needed that massage". Did I say she's in her 70's and her kids have told me they don't dare taking her out in public anymore for fear of what she will do. I told them they get embarrassed to easily. :hehe:

That's quite a story. I sure wouldn't recommend "jokes" like that. The TSA guys take their responsibility very seriously and this gal may find herself in a private room with some real unhappy people if she does that kind of thing. They have the power and can really mess up your day.

Betsy! There's a time and a place for everything...but your friend, imo, acted very irresponsibly! Those of us who have bionics, will have to be screened every time we travel! Yes, of course, it's a pain, but the TSA agents are just doing their job to keep us all safe!!! Jamie is absolutely right......they should have fined her big time! I hope she never does it again! It really was so UNFUNNY and just plain STUPID!!!!!!!! :hissy::nah:

I've been through the International airport here in Brisbane and Melbourne and also in Christchurch New Zealand and so far so good! Haven't set off ANY alarms! I hold my breath as I go through though! LOL

Wow, you have been lucky, Peta! I just flew for the first time this week and set the alarms off at both airports I went through. Had to go through the patdown, even so far as feeling the underwires in my bra! Not so happy with that!:hissy: And I work with the mother of the TSA agent who did that!

I know! From what I've read on here I HAVE been lucky! The standing joke in my house is that I'm not setting them off because of all the "extra padding" covering the prosthesis! (rolls eyes).............whatever! :hehe:

That's quite a story. I sure wouldn't recommend "jokes" like that. The TSA guys take their responsibility very seriously and this gal may find herself in a private room with some real unhappy people if she does that kind of thing. They have the power and can really mess up your day.

Only my friend can get away with stuff like that. She has a knack for it.
Her husband says she could probably sell coffins to ghosts.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom